Jump to content
Consul

Consul's tracks

Recommended Posts

I made a track, let me know what you guys think! ?

 

Edited by Consul
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice old school vibe.

A bit repetitive, maybe, but the things that go on for just a bit too long really are very nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/8/2019 at 4:03 PM, rhmilo said:

Nice old school vibe.

A bit repetitive, maybe, but the things that go on for just a bit too long really are very nice.

Hey, thanks! I've been given the 'repetitive' feedback many times when it comes to this track. I think I will do less repetitive stuff later on. This is me trying to figure out Renoise and making my first track basically.

Glad that you still liked it though!

Edited by Consul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey M8! Very nice work, particularly for a "first track." A pretty solid song structure that, as others have mentioned, could just use a smidge of pruning (totally understand though - Renoise sort of demands a bit of pushing your brain through a sieve for a while and just playing around/having fun figuring it out is a totally rewarding experience in and of itself). 

As you work through things, feel free to post some tips on the software - always on the hunt for new Renoise insights :flower:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, T3551ER said:

Hey M8! Very nice work, particularly for a "first track." A pretty solid song structure that, as others have mentioned, could just use a smidge of pruning (totally understand though - Renoise sort of demands a bit of pushing your brain through a sieve for a while and just playing around/having fun figuring it out is a totally rewarding experience in and of itself). 

As you work through things, feel free to post some tips on the software - always on the hunt for new Renoise insights :flower:

Thanks for the feedback! 

I did say that this is my "first track" but I would like to add that I have attempted to do tracks on both Ableton and FL and they did not work out as I intended them to be, so rather than saying "first track", it would be more appropriate to say "first intended track" (and I totally agree on the pruning part!)

I can only give a tip as of right now, which is the Renoise YouTube tutorials and the website. It is so amazing that they do their own tutorials which tell EVERYTHING! I love it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

renoise brethren! If you need any help just let me know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Consul said:

Thanks for the feedback! 

I did say that this is my "first track" but I would like to add that I have attempted to do tracks on both Ableton and FL and they did not work out as I intended them to be, so rather than saying "first track", it would be more appropriate to say "first intended track" (and I totally agree on the pruning part!)

I can only give a tip as of right now, which is the Renoise YouTube tutorials and the website. It is so amazing that they do their own tutorials which tell EVERYTHING! I love it.

Ta! Yes, their tutorials are great. . . I've also found playing around with some of the bundled example songs (and the internal presets - e.g., check out some of the bundled phrases for learning opportunities). Also, I get you re: the intended part. 

38 minutes ago, chronical said:

renoise brethren! If you need any help just let me know.

Chronic! Well met! Yes, I know I'd love some tips. . . I don't want to keep hijacking Consul's thread though. Would it be worth it to start a Renoise specific thread? 

Edited by T3551ER

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If there is none go ahead :music: we can post themes and shit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A bit more than a year later, I present to you... my new track 'Wormhole'!

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IF B&Q DID ACID JUNGLE THIS WOULD BE A BLACK & DECKER WORKMATE

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The start of that second track reminds me of a photek track. Both tracks are good I'm very impressed the first one was your first proper track, mine first was uh, very different :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Consul said:

A bit more than a year later, I present to you... my new track 'Wormhole'!

 

 

Total nostalgia trip! You've got a knack for assembling classic sounds into something fresh.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the good comments people, I appreciate them ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Consul said:

A bit more than a year later, I present to you... my new track 'Wormhole'!

 

Mad jungle tune. Acid reminds me of []pusher and Aphex. Love it when the pads come in. Oldskool.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a new track I just made in 3 days for my entry in Jungle Beat Battles! Let me know what you people think about it 🙂
 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oldskool vibes but with that dark kinda otherworld pad. Bit repetative I'd say would be my main criticism to be honest. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, TheBro said:

Oldskool vibes but with that dark kinda otherworld pad. Bit repetative I'd say would be my main criticism to be honest. 

I was in a bit of a rush while making this, saw the competition really late and repetitiveness comes from the fact that I can only use select samples in a pack that the previous winner posts. Maybe I could've done better if I had more time. Thanks for the feedback!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Consul said:

I was in a bit of a rush while making this, saw the competition really late and repetitiveness comes from the fact that I can only use select samples in a pack that the previous winner posts. Maybe I could've done better if I had more time. Thanks for the feedback!

Ah I see I understand. 🙂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm only just starting to get into jungle but I enjoyed that last track a lot, good stuff

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tight stuff!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the good comments people! 🙂

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...