IGNORED

What's next for Sean and Rob ?

d-a-m-o

4 minutes ago, hello spiral said:

They did a Metroid OST right? But it wasn't used and they signed a NDA so can't talk about it? Vague bells ringing from the AAA

Whaaaa? where you diggin' up that ca-ca, man?

autechre are listed in the thanks section of the games credits, but the game also has its own share of credited actual composers. they didnt clarify the thanks credit in the watmm aaa, citing the NDA. 

still unknown what the thanks in credits is referencing. funny part is, metroid prime has a bunch of songs that sound inspired by early 90s autechre.

Edited by bitchroast

No wonder I got into Autechre, Metroid was my favourite game series as a kid. When I first heard Uviol, I was immediately taken back to the ice environs in Prime. I was already into Autechre by the time Corruption came around.

Edited by Roo

10 hours ago, Joyrex said:

Clark is doing/did a movie soundtrack - I can only imagine what kind of movie Sean and Rob would score (and what it would sound like).

So far I think the only film to include Ae in its soundtrack is Pi (1997). They went with Kalpol Introl, of all trax.

Perfectly used in that scene as well. If you were only featured in one movie soundtrack, you'd be pretty proud for it to be Pi (I adore that film). The soundtrack itself is fairly canonical as far as IDM soundtracks go.

Of course ae has cropped up sporadically in tv shows and adverts. Like a decade ago when rale was used during a BBC program about feeling comfortable naked.

Edited by Roo

33 minutes ago, Roo said:

Of course ae has cropped up sporadically in tv shows and adverts. Like a decade ago when rale was used during a BBC program about feeling comfortable naked.

lel

another fav:

10 hours ago, hello spiral said:

and what exactly is wrong with kalpol introl?

Don't get me wrong - as an opening track to their debut LP it's a masterpiece. I'm just not sure its tone properly matches the darkness of the film Pi as well as some of the other trax Ae have done in their first four years following Incunabula. Then again it's been a very long time since I've watched it, and maybe Roo's right about it fitting that particular scene.

15 hours ago, Roo said:

Perfectly used in that scene as well. If you were only featured in one movie soundtrack, you'd be pretty proud for it to be Pi (I adore that film). The soundtrack itself is fairly canonical as far as IDM soundtracks go.

I vaguely remember hearing V-Proc on Top Gear in an interview for a Ford Fiesta.

More than anything I'd love to hear them do a really heavy, brutal dance album. They hinted at that style with tracks like the Across Uneven Terrain remix and the Untilted set. 

2 hours of tracks like the London SEone 2005 gig was just be out of this world, and it's not something that they've ever really committed to on a studio release other than Move of Ten.

Plz someday

4 minutes ago, Sam said:

More than anything I'd love to hear them do a really heavy, brutal dance album. They hinted at that style with tracks like the Across Uneven Terrain remix and the Untilted set. 

2 hours of tracks like the London SEone 2005 gig was just be out of this world, and it's not something that they've ever really committed to on a studio release other than Move of Ten.

Plz someday

Sign me in.

On 5/15/2019 at 9:51 PM, EXTRASUPER81 said:

I vaguely remember hearing V-Proc on Top Gear in an interview for a Ford Fiesta.

Lol review, not interview. They never interviewed a Ford Fiesta.

• Like 1