IGNORED

What's next for Sean and Rob ?

d-a-m-o

Like super lush boxset with unreleased tracks gathered by LPs/EPs era and a fat booklet with Sam and rad giving details about each Ae era. Would jeez in my pants.

15 minutes ago, d-a-m-o said:

Like super lush boxset with unreleased tracks gathered by LPs/EPs era and a fat booklet with Sam and rad giving details about each Ae era. Would jeez in my pants.

Oh, yeah. Want it too...

On 5/21/2019 at 1:48 PM, auxien said:

as if AE could write a track under 20 minutes long anymore, much less a 4 (or 5) track EP of that length. :catcry:

I wouldn't mind a really short and focused 3 hour EP with a couple of 20+ minutes tracks

they should make an album where each track is the new magnum opus of the primary shitty genres of the year it's released and lay them to rest

generative max/msp wub bass please

Edited by Zeffolia
  • Like 1

On 5/21/2019 at 5:48 AM, auxien said:

as if AE could write a track under 20 minutes long anymore, much less a 4 (or 5) track EP of that length. :catcry:

god forbid

Gonna shit up this thread with a dream but it's fine--who knows how the ol' mechanical codgers will twist our nuts next?

Read this thread and put on jatevee before falling asleep. Dreamt of Rob selling a 5 disc changer, which was actually my old Panasonic from 1994. I laughed and thought 'CDs are the new 8 track, who's gonna bite on this one?'

I then pressed a combination of buttons and all these personalized messages from Rob scrolled across the LED screen. The messages were admittedly lame; guess I'm not too creative in my dreams. One was a trivia question about his birthday versus Sean's (fuck that's a lol upon revisiting) 

I got just as fuckin excited in this dream as I did when I backed up track 1 on EP7 to find the secret spectral blurbles. The very first thing I said was "somebody get @hello spiral, he's gonna snatch this up in a heartbeat"

Welp that was it. 

18 minutes ago, Stickfigger said:

I trust their judgement whatever it is, i think it might be a while though. I'm expecting the longest period of inactivity of their career at the moment based on the comments about the Max patch needing an entire rebuild etc.

maybe we'll get anaelord ?

11 minutes ago, Stickfigger said:

I trust their judgement whatever it is, i think it might be a while though. I'm expecting the longest period of inactivity of their career at the moment based on the comments about the Max patch needing an entire rebuild etc.

max 8 came out. there's some new things in it to explore. w/the work ethic that sean talked about i doubt that autechre ever has a period of inactivity.

maybe we'll get some gescom stuff. 

i've listened to various playlists of el-seq and nts recently and there's still so much to savor and enjoy. Exai sounds fresh.. even among recent autechre releases. festival of ae in recent years. 

anyway.. just rambling. 

22 hours ago, t yst r said:

Autechre have always been trying to get back to basics and are failing with every release.

Nope, they're not failing. They are digging deep into musical ground, mining, what's under the basics. There is no return to the surface, because they are exploring the basics of the basics, and have demolished what they already exploited. 

6 hours ago, Chabraendeky said:

Nope, they're not failing. They are digging deep into musical ground, mining, what's under the basics. There is no return to the surface, because they are exploring the basics of the basics, and have demolished what they already exploited. 

Just kidding ?  Clearly, they don't need to repeat themselves. There's still so much to be uncovered.

• Like 1

I don't get why anyone, when faced with artists that continually explore and expand, would want them to return to stuff they've already done.

You have that stuff already!

More new stuff pls!

*Ahem* whenever it's ready

That was a good look for Rob tho, damn

Edit: and VIE scose Pois is a choon

Edited by baph