IGNORED

What's next for Sean and Rob ?

d-a-m-o

On 6/2/2019 at 2:21 PM, xox said:

new gescom pls

it's been a while since sincinga sang 

i need more skull snaps!!!

Only one Gescom release this decade and it's not looking like there will be another, innit. 

?

1 hour ago, sweepstakes said:

Only one Gescom release this decade and it's not looking like there will be another, innit. 

?

When you put it like that it’s even worse! ?

Ps.. to me it’s obvious that gescom was primarily (last releases even solely) made by sambob. If it wasn’t that’d mean that someone else makes such a great music too and we’d probably heard about that person, righty?

1 minute ago, xox said:

When you put it like that it’s even worse! ?

Ps.. to me it’s obvious that gescom was primarily (last releases even solely) made by sambob. If it wasn’t that’d mean that someone else makes such a great music too and we’d probably heard about that person, righty?

Sorry! I miss Gescom too but maybe they were just of another era. It's hard to imagine reconciling the project that yielded the world's first and most perfect Minidisc-oriented release with the Max/MSP epoch.

There were some rumors/confirmations about others' involvement - Bola for sure (I think he did most or all of EP1), Rob Hall / Ad Vanz (Viral is probably my favorite Gescom btw), Russell Haswell (someone suggested he did a sizeable chunk of Minidisc) and there were a few guesses at who did A1-D1 - I want to say Mr. Oizo and Kouhei but neither of them quite fit the MO. As far as the rest, there are vestiges (even the exact same samples) of Envane, Chiastic Slide, Cichlisuite, and LP5 all over Key Nell, Minidisc, This and That. And much of the ISS:SA material was bouncing around in live sets from around 2000, although I guess that could be explained as DJing - the lines are always blurry.

7 minutes ago, auxien said:

gescom NTS residency when

pls

• Like 2

Yes yes i know and totally agree... still i believe that iss:sa, a1d1 and skull snap are solely ae. These releases are uber hiphop compared to normal ae stuff and in that regard it’s not that much of importance how fresh it is in sound design and in pushing some algorithmic craziness with going forward and further from last ae release but more of a finding freshness in transforming the known in general recognizable  hiphopian universe so imo isa:sa could be released today without sounding dated...

... if this makes any sense at all...

Pls link me if you know any other music that can compete with this 3 releases.

i have all releases from kouhei and he is good but still not that good imo

i'd be quite surprised if A1-D1 was solely S&R. obv possible, but there's a touch of flavor to some of the release that feels not quite just them, in my fanboy opinion. couldn't even begin to guess who else...

9 minutes ago, xox said:

Yes yes i know and totally agree... still i believe that iss:sa, a1d1 and skull snap are solely ae. These releases are uber hiphop compared to normal ae stuff and in that regard it’s not that much of importance how fresh it is in sound design and in pushing some algorithmic craziness with going forward and further from last ae release but more of a finding freshness in transforming the known in general recognizable  hiphopian universe so imo isa:sa could be released today without sounding dated...

... if this makes any sense at all...

Pls link me if you know any other music that can compete with this 3 releases.

i have all releases from kouhei and he is good but still not that good imo

No, I'm picking up what you're are putting down. That wildstyle, b-boy vibe, using sequencers and samplers like they were cutting records on turntables. Still off-kilter and trippy but funky and stylish in that muscular, angular way, blowing off pop sensibilities to indulge in labyrinths of rhythmic filigree.

I wish I could think of something recent, but nothing is coming to mind. There's a lot of new stuff that flirts with aspects of that aesthetic (cut up samples or just general hip hop vibes) but none of it quite has that punch.

Shit, do we have a thread at least for the old stuff?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I want a new autechre album that is fully generative and personalised.

You pay for the digital files and they are generated in realtime  based on your preferences / psychology test results and where you sit on the autism  spectrum.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Soloman Tump said:

You pay for the digital files and they are generated in realtime  based on your preferences / psychology test results and where you sit on the autism  spectrum.

Hell. Yes.

Would definitely pay a super premium price for something like this. Especially if they allowed for a few physical copies.

43 minutes ago, Hk47 said:

Hell. Yes.

Would definitely pay a super premium price for something like this. Especially if they allowed for a few physical copies.

Imagine a discussion on watmm about that! Whose better and all...

I wanted to add that a local semiconductor wafer manufacturer used to use the same font that Autechre did for the ae stuff, but they've since changed it since they got bought out by a bigger megacorp.

23 hours ago, Soloman Tump said:

Classic post

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/4/2019 at 11:12 PM, Soloman Tump said:

INFP-T-AE ready for wholesome download :catsalute::flower:

4 hours ago, Mic Finger said:

Why? How?

How? By sean's own consideration according to a conversation that was posted some time ago iirc.

Why? I don't know by what criteria they decide wether it's an ae or a com... time for a new AAA?

Also that channel icon still reminds me of the gescom logo:

https://yt3.ggpht.com/a/AGF-l7-wuIwf-WYgQ011mFnfuvXXsbsvediyqVo_kw=s288-mo-c-c0xffffffff-rj-k-nohttp://4.bp.blogspot.com/_afyRd7uNzY4/Sew-wdjMhuI/AAAAAAAAAGc/YEtLOwUzGS4/s320/gescom.jpg

So there.

18 hours ago, jaderpansen said:

How? By sean's own consideration according to a conversation that was posted some time ago iirc.

Why? I don't know by what criteria they decide wether it's an ae or a com... time for a new AAA?

Also that channel icon still reminds me of the gescom logo:

https://yt3.ggpht.com/a/AGF-l7-wuIwf-WYgQ011mFnfuvXXsbsvediyqVo_kw=s288-mo-c-c0xffffffff-rj-k-nohttp://4.bp.blogspot.com/_afyRd7uNzY4/Sew-wdjMhuI/AAAAAAAAAGc/YEtLOwUzGS4/s320/gescom.jpg

So there.

I can see that. The snippets also do sound a bit like Minidisc (or something that could have appeared there), but that was quite the outlier for Gescom, musically. Quite the outlier in general, really.

Autechre are probably the one and only band that I have full faith in always coming up with something that I will (eventually) warm to.

Was listening to some Exai earlier today at the beach (jatavee is such an awesome beach track!) and nodeszh always gets me into this weirdly sexual dance routine (hip thrusting to those recurring twin beats) and these tracks still sound so dam fresh (and short!) after listening to NTS. 

I wonder if they'll continue in the elseq NTS vein or perhaps begin a new "cycle" of sorts? 

Whatever kind of crazy maze they drop us into next, I know I'll eventually be cavorting around in it like a merry loon. 

• Like 1