Sign in to follow this  
d-a-m-o

What's next for Sean and Rob ?

On 7/4/2019 at 11:12 PM, Soloman Tump said:

I want a new autechre album that is fully generative and personalised.

You pay for the digital files and they are generated in realtime  based on your preferences / psychology test results and where you sit on the autism  spectrum.

INFP-T-AE ready for wholesome download :catsalute::flower:

4 hours ago, Mic Finger said:

Why? How?

How? By sean's own consideration according to a conversation that was posted some time ago iirc.

Why? I don't know by what criteria they decide wether it's an ae or a com... time for a new AAA?

Also that channel icon still reminds me of the gescom logo:

https://yt3.ggpht.com/a/AGF-l7-wuIwf-WYgQ011mFnfuvXXsbsvediyqVo_kw=s288-mo-c-c0xffffffff-rj-k-nohttp://4.bp.blogspot.com/_afyRd7uNzY4/Sew-wdjMhuI/AAAAAAAAAGc/YEtLOwUzGS4/s320/gescom.jpg

So there.

18 hours ago, jaderpansen said:

How? By sean's own consideration according to a conversation that was posted some time ago iirc.

Why? I don't know by what criteria they decide wether it's an ae or a com... time for a new AAA?

Also that channel icon still reminds me of the gescom logo:

https://yt3.ggpht.com/a/AGF-l7-wuIwf-WYgQ011mFnfuvXXsbsvediyqVo_kw=s288-mo-c-c0xffffffff-rj-k-nohttp://4.bp.blogspot.com/_afyRd7uNzY4/Sew-wdjMhuI/AAAAAAAAAGc/YEtLOwUzGS4/s320/gescom.jpg

So there.

I can see that. The snippets also do sound a bit like Minidisc (or something that could have appeared there), but that was quite the outlier for Gescom, musically. Quite the outlier in general, really.

Autechre are probably the one and only band that I have full faith in always coming up with something that I will (eventually) warm to.

Was listening to some Exai earlier today at the beach (jatavee is such an awesome beach track!) and nodeszh always gets me into this weirdly sexual dance routine (hip thrusting to those recurring twin beats) and these tracks still sound so dam fresh (and short!) after listening to NTS. 

I wonder if they'll continue in the elseq NTS vein or perhaps begin a new "cycle" of sorts? 

Whatever kind of crazy maze they drop us into next, I know I'll eventually be cavorting around in it like a merry loon. 

XHK - XH HX / KXH is not even remotely Gescom.. unless it's labelled as such or suggested to be considered part of the Gescom project. XHK purely seems to be its own thing that doesn't fit neatly into pre-existing releases. this is how conspiracy theories come about. people trying to force order and explanation into things which don't necessarily have order or don't make sense. 

flep is good.

• Like 1

"the vids are just a gescom thing, there's no home for them as such so they just ended up on YT, seeing as that's where teh sources came from"

Edited by jaderpansen
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, jaderpansen said:

"the vids are just a gescom thing, there's no home for them as such so they just ended up on YT, seeing as that's where teh sources came from"

thx for clarifying. gescom it is.

To my ears gescom = autechre, anyway.

= Like, autechre but different autechre, non warp autechre. Maybe they had collaborators in the past but i can’t  hear them in skull snap ep. I mean, the last 3 gescom releases are pure ae imo.

Additional logic is if anyone else would make such a great music I’d know about it by now. 

Edited by xox

On 5/29/2019 at 9:24 AM, Chabraendeky said:

Nope, they're not failing. They are digging deep into musical ground, mining, what's under the basics. There is no return to the surface, because they are exploring the basics of the basics, and have demolished what they already exploited. 

through the use of gen~ they've shed their cocoon of the culture in which they found themselves which was tethered to the abstractions introduced by mass market synth design.  will it be too much freedom to tame, or will it be the cathartic artistic endpoint the music world has always wanted? find out next week on autechre release Z

Edited by Zeffolia

4 minutes ago, xox said:

To my ears gescom = autechre, anyway.

= Like, autechre but different autechre, non warp autechre. Maybe they had collaborators in the past but i can’t  hear them in skull snap ep. I mean, the last 3 gescom releases are pure imo.

Additional logic is if anyone else would make such a great music I’d know about it by now. 

I agree that skull snap EP is one of the most AE gescom releases to my ears, it was very apparent after a few listens.  if im wrong I want to know who actually made it

On 7/4/2019 at 2:12 PM, Soloman Tump said:

I want a new autechre album that is fully generative and personalised.

You pay for the digital files and they are generated in realtime  based on your preferences / psychology test results and where you sit on the autism  spectrum.

i doubt the knob will go high enough

what I hope most though is that they dont let what anyone else wants influence what they do because nobody else is on their level to know what's best to go for next anyway

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Zeffolia said:

what I hope most though is that they dont let what anyone else wants influence what they do because nobody else is on their level to know what's best to go for next anyway

me too. this or amber 2. 

amber 2 would be good. 

On 7/24/2019 at 3:07 AM, bitchroast said:

thx for clarifying. gescom it is.

actually i just noticed another thing, dunno if this is old news, but check the channel's info page:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGes3PdRSQG_8LylPxINrQA/about

it says:

--. . ... -.-. --- --

which is morse for... you guessed it. ?

oh shit guys look it's AE detailing how they made the next album with just a Machinedrum!

https://youtu.be/i8ZWLSaIShE

Next step is dark and drone end of story. 

a sequel to gescom minidisc, released as a single WAV file 28 hours in length

• Like 2