IGNORED

What's next for Sean and Rob ?

d-a-m-o

XHK - XH HX / KXH is not even remotely Gescom.. unless it's labelled as such or suggested to be considered part of the Gescom project. XHK purely seems to be its own thing that doesn't fit neatly into pre-existing releases. this is how conspiracy theories come about. people trying to force order and explanation into things which don't necessarily have order or don't make sense. 

flep is good.

• Like 1

"the vids are just a gescom thing, there's no home for them as such so they just ended up on YT, seeing as that's where teh sources came from"

Edited by jaderpansen
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, jaderpansen said:

"the vids are just a gescom thing, there's no home for them as such so they just ended up on YT, seeing as that's where teh sources came from"

thx for clarifying. gescom it is.

To my ears gescom = autechre, anyway.

= Like, autechre but different autechre, non warp autechre. Maybe they had collaborators in the past but i can’t  hear them in skull snap ep. I mean, the last 3 gescom releases are pure ae imo.

Additional logic is if anyone else would make such a great music I’d know about it by now. 

Edited by xox

On 5/29/2019 at 9:24 AM, Chabraendeky said:

Nope, they're not failing. They are digging deep into musical ground, mining, what's under the basics. There is no return to the surface, because they are exploring the basics of the basics, and have demolished what they already exploited. 

through the use of gen~ they've shed their cocoon of the culture in which they found themselves which was tethered to the abstractions introduced by mass market synth design.  will it be too much freedom to tame, or will it be the cathartic artistic endpoint the music world has always wanted? find out next week on autechre release Z

Edited by Zeffolia

4 minutes ago, xox said:

To my ears gescom = autechre, anyway.

= Like, autechre but different autechre, non warp autechre. Maybe they had collaborators in the past but i can’t  hear them in skull snap ep. I mean, the last 3 gescom releases are pure imo.

Additional logic is if anyone else would make such a great music I’d know about it by now. 

I agree that skull snap EP is one of the most AE gescom releases to my ears, it was very apparent after a few listens.  if im wrong I want to know who actually made it

On 7/4/2019 at 2:12 PM, Soloman Tump said:

I want a new autechre album that is fully generative and personalised.

You pay for the digital files and they are generated in realtime  based on your preferences / psychology test results and where you sit on the autism  spectrum.

i doubt the knob will go high enough

4 minutes ago, Zeffolia said:

what I hope most though is that they dont let what anyone else wants influence what they do because nobody else is on their level to know what's best to go for next anyway

me too. this or amber 2. 

amber 2 would be good. 

On 7/24/2019 at 3:07 AM, bitchroast said:

thx for clarifying. gescom it is.

actually i just noticed another thing, dunno if this is old news, but check the channel's info page:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGes3PdRSQG_8LylPxINrQA/about

it says:

--. . ... -.-. --- --

which is morse for... you guessed it. ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

Do you think they'll play live by the end of the year ? We know they have a live set ready, will they choose to release it because of the impossibility to play live in 2020/2021 ? Sean pls, Rob pls...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stickfigger said:

I'd love some livesets but can't see them releasing anything until after the circuit is done, like usual. 

Yes , maybe they're still working on it and modifying it ? Guess we'll know more by the end of the year !

1 hour ago, d-a-m-o said:

Yes , maybe they're still working on it and modifying it ? Guess we'll know more by the end of the year !

I also imagine them revisit the new set, with claustrophobic obsession, to the point to transform it into a physical phenomenon capable of permanently influenced the coordinates of time and space.
Beautiful and fatal.
More probably, now free from any contractual urgency, they are spending days playing sonic

• Like 2

7 hours ago, X4creek said:

honestly I really hope they didn't scrap the set because of how long it's been since the albums dropped. guess we'll see at Primavera?

In the past they carried out sets for at least a couple of years, transforming them, and many ideas, than,  have arrived in albums published further after (Exai, 2013, have inherited a lot from the 2010 tour, and ideas from ae_live fueled elseq and NTS): I think this long break may have really pushed the evolution of the new Live (just think of how the latest dates of Onesix have become enriched with details from the first) and so, from the various segments, new track are born for the next album. Nothing will be lost :catbed:

Edited by Draft78
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Still no news anywhere (that I can find) about any plans to play live (understandably)... Really wish we could hear those sets!   ^Especially knowing how the set evolves over time from show to show, I wonder if there's any chance they've been recording live sessions as it transforms. Or if in the end we'll only hear the end result when the shows do happen, and whatever tweaks occurring over this past couple of years will remain a mystery forever. I fantasize about a new NTS style release filled with what would have been the live content...? Ae pls

its hard to not have high hopes and expectations for ae. so high above everyone else that you can project your wildest electronic musical fantasies on them.  i want ae to be more boc than boc in a geogaddi esque confield abomination.  may Allah forgive me for writing this post

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Farnsworth 1
  • Big Brain 1

I did not listen so much to the last releases as I find it incredibly stressful during the pandemic. I really prefer more chilled music to some that makes me even more jittery