Extralife

Milieu - Shallow Earth

https://recycledplastics.bandcamp.com/album/shallow-earth

According to Brian:

"Shallow Earth is Sun Cast's drunken party-animal sibling, eyes watery with too many bong hits, beaming smiles at every stranger he sees, "Pretty Vacant" and blissfully ignorant of a tomorrow morning that will never ever arrive. Slurred words, blurry edges, not keeping track of time, pushing that bass way too hard and riding the pitch wheel wobble. At the end of the night, he passes out in the grass after spray-painting the lyrics to Electric Six's "Synthesizer" on the side of your parents' house. Shallow Earth is deliberately topical, feel-good electronic music, a palate/palette cleanser, ready for Springtime and sunshine, or CRT displays, video games and cassette decks for when the rain decides to fall. Somewhere within it, are the through-lines that have continued to be the voice of Milieu recordings for years - tropical climes, technicolor melody overload, bent New Wave flangers, greasy Freescha-overdosing funk and some kind of implied past life fantasy, that seeps out of the speakers like a drug. "

First single here: 

https://milieumusic.bandcamp.com/album/amber-petrolr

Sign me up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

AMAZING

• Like 1

like!!!

• Like 1

This is fantastic!

• Like 1

Twitch listening party Friday, everyone's invited! Will post here/FB/Bandcamp/Twitter with the exact time and a link tomorrow.

This record is a lot of fun, can't wait to share it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Mellow U said:

Twitch listening party Friday, everyone's invited! Will post here/FB/Bandcamp/Twitter with the exact time and a link tomorrow.

This record is a lot of fun, can't wait to share it.

Yess if I can make it I’ll be there. The Sun Cast listening party was an outstanding time.

• Thanks 1

You are invited to a listening party for the new Milieu album, Shallow Earth! 

On Friday, May 17th, at 7:30 PM (EST), drop by Twitch to hear Shallow Earth in full, before everyone else does! I'll also be playing b-sides and outtakes from the sessions, and posting ridiculous shit in the chat window. I will be answering questions and drinking a bit of whiskey, perhaps not even in that order! 

To make it even more fun, I'll be celebrating my 36th birthday! This is definitely how I'd like to spend it, playing music I made for people who enjoy it, and embarrassing myself in a chatroom. Come hang out! 

If you needed any further convincing, everyone who attends this digital party will be gifted an exclusive, non-album and non b-side Milieu track in luscious 320 KBPS MP3 format. All you need to do is PM me on Twitch with a valid email address. 

If you're the Facebook posting type, there is an event page for the listening party here: https://www.facebook.com/events/337607213609927/ 

All the best from a chilly Daytonian basement,
Your pal Brian

Well, that was super fun! Thanks to everyone who joined me on Twitch for the listening party.

The album is officially released, and fully streamable on Bandcamp now. Go check it! 

First listen = really enjoying the top-tier Milieu melodies filtered through the kaleidoscopic 80s vibes. Lovely tunes.

(will be on repeat this summer)

• Thanks 1

Oh that's smart. I hear you Jimmy Jam, Terry Lewis and Robert Palmer. Most boss sampling of the year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you dudes! I'm super happy with how it turned out. And yes, please go tell your local congressman "Don't take Brian to court" - it's hard out here on the streets, with nothing but stale bread and samplers for starving artists like me.