IGNORED

Are beards still IDM or not

28 minutes ago, Brisbot said:

Lol I just now realized this was in the YLC forum. I was too focused on the beard clickbait.

?whadaya think of my musics, brisbot?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clickbait worked though. Im all triggered cause this talk on beards and idm. Triggered, or existentially primed, i guess.

Too bad listening to soundclouds is a bit of a hassle on my old ipad though. Makes my browser crash. My ipad is so old, it doesnt get any ios updates anymore.

I should get it up on Youtube as a music video. Does Youtube work well on your ipad, goDel?

2 hours ago, Stickfigger said:

Accomplished piece . Wasn't in to the twinkly sounds as much but liked the retrigger/stutters on the kit ... preferred the last third of the track the most 

Thanks, Stick. much appreciated

3 hours ago, lickneonlights said:

I should get it up on Youtube as a music video. Does Youtube work well on your ipad, goDel?

Unpredictable to be honest. Basically any page can cause my browser to insta-quit in my old ipad. I do watch some youtubes.

I really need a new one, tbh. But it's better this way. Because it stops me from browsing too long. ;)

Will check your sc's on my laptop though.

some good tracks. interesting. like the production. brings me back to early 2000's. sounds very close to that period to my ears.

thank you, dear sir, I'll take that as a compliment. funny you should mention early 2000's, I guess most of what I like is from that period (sort of early to mid IDM, stuff like Dron, Arovane, Proem, Geskia, Quench, Metamatics...) and I am somehow trying to emulate that sound cause that's the kind of music I like. And and the same time It's sad, as whatever I'm doing was done 20 years ago or something. But I am also trying to be innovative in the song structure / arrangement game... not sure if successful though

it's not necessarily bad to be inspired by that period. and i do think you add yourself to your tracks. your tracks def don't sound like copies. i do have to say though that i hope you further develop your own sound. to me, it sounds like you're close to mastering that 2000s sound. and the next step, as far as i'm concerned, should be to master your own sound. but that can be extra hard if you're totally into those 2000s sounds, i guess.

do you still listen to those artists a lot? perhaps you should stop listening to your heros and start focussing on producing your inner tunes. trust on your inner points of reference.

again though, i think you've got the skills. 

4 hours ago, goDel said:

do you still listen to those artists a lot? perhaps you should stop listening to your heros and start focussing on producing your inner tunes. trust on your inner points of reference.

Good call, thanks. Actually I don't listen to as much music as I used to, maybe a few new releases here and there, and I might pop in a nostalgic compilation of those artists like once a month just to get back to that feeling mostly.

However it's also sometimes detrimental to listen to good new music, as you tend to realize how shitty your own music is in comparison. But then again, there's this whole thing that "you shouldn't compare yourself to others" because it's unhealthy. So I'm somewhere in between - not entirely stuck in my own bubble, but also not 100% on the lookout for fresh edgy sounds and soaking them all up. 

Funnily enough, I watched a Bill Wurtz interview recently on an h3h3 podcast, and he says he exclusively listens to his own music, like nothing else. Just his stuff. Cause that's the definition of music for him, that's all he knows, and that's all he wants to make. And it works for him. 

super slick tracks! so many cool little details, very enjoyable to listen to.. i almost sort of wish the production was worse / less polished, haha, cos it'd be nice to hear this kind of microtweakery(+sweet tunes) with a more raw ragged edge to it.. i do like nice clean sounds sometimes tho and you're really good at that ?

Hipster soy boys stole the IDM look back in the early 2000's. The whiny, premature balding, cardigan sweater wearing, unkempt beard, black rimmed glasses, gaping mouth, computer-hunched, and pathetic demeanor upper middle class faux-bohemian look was stolen by social media parasites and is now OUT.

The new IDM look that is IN is a keto-staved skeleton looking Nosferatu creature that screams for the sweet embrace of death.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you, webby! I think sometimes I tend to get too much into the details though and forget about the overall musicality of the piece. Something to consider I guess. Your feedback was useful ?

Archived