Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Joyrex

BOC Maxima CDr Artwork

Recommended Posts

Someone has uploaded scans of the CDr artwork to BOC's 1996 self-released LP, BOC Maxima:

BoCMaxima_CDr_Cover.jpeg.jpg

BoCMaxima_CDr_Back.jpeg

BoCMaxima_CDr.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's interesting is the back cover artwork - it lists "Music Has The Right To Children", which didn't come out until 1998 on WARP/Skam...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ahem, akshually those are photos, not scans @Joyrex

But yeah, quite interesting…smells like a fake!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, oscillik said:

Ahem, akshually those are photos, not scans @Joyrex

But yeah, quite interesting…smells like a fake!

How do you know they aren't scans of photos that were printed out? :dadjoke:

But yeah... I can tell you the CDr I have does NOT say that on the back... that's all I'll say

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

font on the back differs from the front. the back font is same as mhrtc as well, right? i'd argue the mhtrtc reference on the back plus the font implies it's not original. it was designed after mhrtc. prolly by a fan taking cues from the mhtrtc artwork. nicely done as well, i'd say.

would love if they did an official release btw. (stating the obvious...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, goDel said:

font on the back differs from the front. the back font is same as mhrtc as well, right? i'd argue the mhtrtc reference on the back plus the font implies it's not original. it was designed after mhrtc. prolly by a fan taking cues from the mhtrtc artwork. nicely done as well, i'd say.

would love if they did an official release btw. (stating the obvious...)

No, fonts are the same (Eurostyle); and I can't recall ever seeing that back cover photo previously (which doesn't mean it doesn't exist online somewhere).

Maybe @mdg could clear things up?

The thing is, BOC Maxima (as I understand it) was put together and sent out to record labels, which lead to them being signed to Skam/WARP...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you're prob right on the fonts. got the impression the fonts on the back looked wider/less high than those on the front. probably the same type, but looks differently spaced. (i'm no designer by any means, so i dont speak the proper lingo). but this is more your specialty. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

:boc:

 

Actually don't recall ever hearing this as a compilation.  Sure, bits of it in other places... so its a "best of" compilation of early stuff as a promo?

Edited by Soloman Tump

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

interesting to compare with the tape (source: discogs page)

R-15290-1379067827-7664.jpeg.jpg

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joyrex said:

No, fonts are the same (Eurostyle); and I can't recall ever seeing that back cover photo previously (which doesn't mean it doesn't exist online somewhere).

Maybe @mdg could clear things up?

The thing is, BOC Maxima (as I understand it) was put together and sent out to record labels, which lead to them being signed to Skam/WARP...

I'm p sure the last visited tab for mdg was restricted before the update.... anyway I guess based on that we won't b hearing from em anytime soon...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, goDel said:

interesting to compare with the tape (source: discogs page)

R-15290-1379067827-7664.jpeg.jpg

 

In thinking about this more, maybe the CDr above isn't faked - I recall that the cassette version was what came out first, and then afterwards the CDr version. And, in thinking back, the old Cosmic Crofter's EHX BOC fansite initially had the cassette version listed, then the CDr - and that was in 1998, well after MHTRTC came out.

I might have to go dig up my CDr - I honestly don't recall clearly what the back had now!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we should do a kickstarter again. this time maxima release based on crowdfund. 

i can dream :)

 

boc, pls

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, goDel said:

we should do a kickstarter again. this time maxima release based on crowdfund. 

i can dream 🙂

 

boc, pls

dream bigger imo.. crowdfund a release of a larger chunk of their back catalogue...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think BoC care

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hearing the old material in good quality would be nice. BOC Maxima is nice. it's pretty much a proto-MHTRTC as far as i can tell, that was later revised. 

where's that damn BOC set already. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

didn't know that @Joyrex had a copy of the CD. us mere mortals still only have the radio broadcast (i think?). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jules said:

I don’t think BoC care

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, bitchroast said:

didn't know that @Joyrex had a copy of the CD. us mere mortals still only have the radio broadcast (i think?). 

Yeah, got it ages ago from a former Rephlex bod... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, bitchroast said:

didn't know that @Joyrex had a copy of the CD. us mere mortals still only have the radio broadcast (i think?). 

There is lossless of it out there that sounds good. I remember the backstory was complicated (supposed tape rip burned to cd then ripped from the disc again or something), the full lineage is probably still somewhere in the what.cd metadata that are floating around. Regardless of its authenticity I know it sounds better than the old Soulseek MP3 tape rip I had before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I got mine from what.cd (think it was still called oink's pink palace) - pretty sure it was a tape rip ... unless I've completely mis-remembered and actually got the Soulseek version you mentioned

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Twoism: BOC Maxima cassette origin

This has that whole origin story. I still don't know which version of this I have, it's one with 20 separate tracks but not the Betacord remaster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...