IGNORED

The Guardian says Breakbeats are back...

hello spiral

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Stickfigger said:

Does that mean it's fine to say it sounds gay again ?

lol

?

have some bacon :cisfor:

articles like that one... and people wonder why noise music/power electronics exist. 

Eris Drew is the only one I recognize but the article is hitting on a trend I've seen a lot lately. Surprised Octo Octa, George Clanton, Machinegirl, or Firetoolz weren't mentioned. Rave style nods and breakbeats have been embraced in quite a lot of underground releases off Orange Milk, 100% ELectronica, 100% Silk, LIES, 1080p, etc.

a redress to a scene that remained stubbornly white, straight, male and stale

Author of said article ticks at least two of these boxes. I think it might be self flagellation for association with a known CANCELLED artist

image.png.a357b95b50d2c5cb7563a5474a150583.png

breakbeat is the new brostep in 3...2...1...

to be fair, gabriel is a bit late on the ball considering breaks have needled their way into mainstream electronica since 2017 or so... bicep i'm looking at you. glue is a pretty good track though. new sincerity is, on the other hand, probably ripe for picking now. irony never left

3 hours ago, MIXL2 said:

breakcore is coming back again bwois

How about drill'n'bass?

5 hours ago, Brisbot said:

ya post-postmodernism was dead I thought. Thought it died with the internet age.

Not if you’re a knee yo mark cyst. 

Wherever possible, she will pair DJ sets away from home with a daytime talk or workshop on “techno as a healing or mystical art”.

Jesus Christ ...

30 minutes ago, rhmilo said:

Jesus Christ ...

i just can't. i mean.. no.  whatever people need to get through the day and all that but i gotta keep the hokey hippie dippy healing crystals away from my daily life. yoga.. meditation.. great.. but so much of the other shit is just a different version of well intended snake oil that rots a brain

Archived