07. Was Ich Liebe 4:29
08. Diamant 2:34
09. Weit Weg 4:21
10. Tattoo 4:12
11. Hallomann 4:12
► 46:25

https://www.rammstein.de/de/

nTm4I4Kl.jpg

Well they have been milking their sound and style for years now. Heard the 2 first tracks and it's unfortunate a big meh.

I am a fan tough, i liked most of their hits but then i saw them live and it was one of the best concerts i ever witnessed and the sound was simply the best i ever heard mein gott !!

I remember hearing their song of the same on the Lost Highway soundtrack and thinking it was hilarious/awesome in highschool.  Got the album for Christmas and was not disappoint.  Then my brother got the second album, Sehnsucht, which had even better production, and possibly the best sounding heavy guitar sound I'd ever heard.  Then everything else they did after just seemed kind of unnecessary since it never really went anywhere else.  At least, that's been my impression.  Maybe I'll listen to this one and see how much 20 years has refined their sound.

5 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Just listened to the single.  They are impressively formulaic.  As far as sticking to the same sound for 25+ years goes, they have Slayer beat.

Not AC/DC though!

On 5/15/2019 at 8:23 PM, Zephyr_Nova said:

Just listened to the single.  They are impressively formulaic.  As far as sticking to the same sound for 25+ years goes, they have Slayer beat.

I don't think this is a bad thing. Not that I'm a fan but you know what to expect - and I sure as hell don't expect something new from them. It just werks imo.

EDIT: as does Slayer ?

I do appreciate their success despite lack of major skills. They do it in a kind of smart way. Maybe what they do is best described as Intelligent Pop Music (IPM) hehe
Same with System of a Down. Same shit (but different of course)

How weird to find this thread. I've been listening to lots of Sehnsucht lately and just going through their tracks makes me want to own some on wax.

Agreed, the guitar tone is ridicuously good. I think that's why I listen to it.

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 7:23 PM, Zephyr_Nova said:

Folks say this but I find Hell Awaits, Reign In Blood, South Of Heaven and Seasons In The Abyss all very different in sound. Agreed their identity and reputation was forged by never straying too far from the path. Which is pretty wise, because you might be half eaten by a werewolf!, but who really wants a Slayer orchestral album? 

PS never listened to Rammstein *leaves thread*

I don't think the classic slayer albums are all that similar personally. Massive differences in sound. I feel you have to kind of be into it though to hear that distinction.

48 minutes ago, Polytrix said:

I feel you have to kind of be into it though to hear that distinction.

Very true indeed. And of many artists.

Archived