I'm sure you've got enough love already, you did sound design for Arrival, Black Mirror and Ex Machina, as far as I can see. Good job on the track, it's got the momentum and suspense and stuff, not surprisingly since you seem to be an established composer.

I like how the eerie reverb seem to retreat and vanish into the distance when there is a gap in the woodwind/choral mix. The manic insectoid bashing half way through is a welcome change to things, you ramp the intensity up so gradually here - there’s no way I would have guessed this outcome from the start. The gradual buzz-saw distortion was a nice climax – I imagined a hint of occult chanting at this point.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2019 at 6:15 PM, lickneonlights said:

I'm sure you've got enough love already, you did sound design for Arrival, Black Mirror and Ex Machina, as far as I can see. Good job on the track, it's got the momentum and suspense and stuff, not surprisingly since you seem to be an established composer.

Hey man! For some reason I didn't get the notifications for the replies, so sorry to take so long to respond and thanks for the kind words :) Yes, I do all that stuff, just finally putting a bit of focussed time into my personal project. 

Even though I do commissioned work its a different beast putting your own stuff out there so its good to get some feedback, I appreciate it :)

On 5/25/2019 at 2:21 PM, webby said:

I like how the eerie reverb seem to retreat and vanish into the distance when there is a gap in the woodwind/choral mix. The manic insectoid bashing half way through is a welcome change to things, you ramp the intensity up so gradually here - there’s no way I would have guessed this outcome from the start. The gradual buzz-saw distortion was a nice climax – I imagined a hint of occult chanting at this point.

Occult chanting would be great. There was a weird vocal element that kind of achieved this, but I removed it as it wasn't quite right. 

nice atmosphere. very cinematic (naturally in this case). i also didn't expect the turn it took halfway, but it's not as if it was out of the realm of possibility either. 

I really enjoyed this.  The first half reminded me a lot of "The Pearl", and while I agree that I wasn't expecting the distortion on the second half, it was also very well done and menacing. 

good mood and sounds for sure, lovely darkness to it, dramatic and catchy and unique. seems like the sorta thing that'd be on Opal Tapes or something. that said, even with the drums and synth drama in the second half, it doesn't really go anywhere. i don't feel like i ended up somewhere different than where i started, as a listener...which is generally what i'm looking for in any song or piece of any genre. maybe it just didn't catch me personally or on the first listen? just my initial take. post more tho! :)