IGNORED

RDJ Anthology Collection (by me)

avinit

I made an anthology album using my favorite tune from every album Richard has released (no digitals). I omitted singles and EPs, as well as albums that haven't been oficially released. Combined EPs like On, Ventolin, Hangable Auto Bulb and Come to Daddy is included - so is Girl/Boy EP because of the American Release of Richard D. James Album, and finally Chosen Lords is included as well. Did I forget anything?

Selected Ambient Works 85-92                               : Xtal
Analogue Bubblebath Vol. 3                                     : .942937
Selected Ambient Works Volume II                        : Lichen
I Care Because You Do                                             : Start As You Mean To Go On
Richard D. James                                                      : Yellow Calx
Drukqs                                                                        : Taking Control
Syro                                                                             : Syro U473t8+e [141.98][piezoluminescence Mix]
Aphex Mt. Fuji 2017                                                 : Talkin2u mix2 
On                                                                                : Xepha
Ventolin                                                                      : Ventolin (Plain-An-Gwarry Mix)
Hangable Auto Bulb                                                 : Children Talking
Come To Daddy                                                        : To Cure A Weakling Child, Contour Regard
Computer Controlled Acoustic Instruments Pt2 : Diskhat All Prepared1mixed 13
Orphaned Deejay Selek 2006-08                            : Serge Fenix Rendered 2 
Classics                                                                      : Polynomial-C 
26 Mixes For Cash                                                    : Flow Coma (Remix By AFX) 
Chosen Lords                                                            : Fenix Funk 5    
Rushup Edge                                                             : Rushup I Bank 12  
Surfing On Sine Waves                                            : Supremacy II 
Caustic Window Compilation                                : Astroblaster 

48 minutes ago, avinit said:

I omitted singles and EPs, as well as albums that haven't been oficially released. Combined EPs like On, Ventolin, Hangable Auto Bulb and Come to Daddy is included - so is Girl/Boy EP because of the American Release of Richard D. James Album, and finally Chosen Lords is included as well. Did I forget anything?

Can you clarify your reasons why Singles and EPs are not included but combined EPs are? Chosen Lords is already a compiled collection of tracks from the Analord series, so it seems weird to enforce a regulation upon yourself to choose strictly from the compilation but not the available 11 EPs.

Is Computer Controlled Acoustic Instruments Part 2 considered an album or an EP? It's running length of 27:58 is actually shorter than Cheetah and Collapse releases. Also FWIW, Rushup Edge has less tracks than Cheetah.

What was the motivation behind this project? I feel an anthology series would make more sense if it focused on the original releases and less so focusing on compilations. Why is the american release of Come to Daddy considered more significant than the two UK releases? Why is Windowlicker (perhaps Aphex Twins most well known release) not considered a signification for something called an Aphex Twin Anthology Collection?

Why is Fuji Tape included but not London Field Day LP? 

So many questions. 

My motivation was boredom and the reason for omitting singles and EPs was that it would take too long. But yeah, I thought about whether or not to include Cheetah and CCAIP2 and it ended up this way. And I forgot to include Field Day, whoops :/

And thanks for your awesome reply, Chaos :)

i love these threads! wish more people would do it, always interesting to read, potential gems to discover and it's not like anyone is forced to read it from start to finish.

here's mine. i'm just gonna quote your post and add my own answers coz it's easier.

On 5/23/2019 at 2:08 PM, avinit said:

Selected Ambient Works 85-92                               : Tha
Analogue Bubblebath Vol. 3                                     : Track 8/AA1
Selected Ambient Works Volume II                        : CD2 track 2/parallel stripes
I Care Because You Do                                             : Start As You Mean To Go On
Richard D. James                                                      : Carn Marth
Drukqs                                                                        : petil cx htudl (Track 25)
Syro                                                                             : CIRCLONT14 [shrymoming mix]
Aphex Mt. Fuji 2017                                                 : Nqz singing chaos montage
On                                                                                : On (D-Scape Mix)
Ventolin                                                                      : Ventolin (Probus Mix)
Hangable Auto Bulb                                                 : Laughable Butane Bob
Come To Daddy                                                        : Bucephalus Bouncing Ball
Computer Controlled Acoustic Instruments Pt2 : 0035-1 Audio
Orphaned Deejay Selek 2006-08                            : midi pipe1c sds3time cube/klonedrm
26 Mixes For Cash                                                    : Mindstream / Meat Beat Manifesto
Chosen Lords                                                            : Fenix Funk 5    
Rushup Edge                                                             : Death Fuck
Surfing On Sine Waves                                            : Untitled / 0,7
Caustic Window Compilation                                : The Garden of Linmiri

London Field Day                               : sk8 littletune HS-PC202

When I was younger I wanted to be a collector but I never had the money to buy vinyls so I ended up collecting cds only.

(https://www.discogs.com/user/avinit2000/collection?sort_by=artists_sort)

I thought it might be funny to pick one song off each release and see how Richard's style has changed through the years but yeah also funny to see what others like. Omitting ep's and singles just made it a lot less time consuming, especially with the analords.

Posting in this forum feels like saying something intelligent at a Trump rally - guess it's like that when most people here have Asperger's...

2 hours ago, avinit said:

Posting in this forum feels like saying something intelligent at a Trump rally - guess it's like that when most people here have Asperger's...

you = :crazy:

If you made a 'favorite track by release?' thread, there would be fewer groans or whatever, and you'd be able to post the same exact thing. The way you framed the thread sounds more like a blog post and not a forum post.

I remember another thread where someone ordered all the anal lord tracks by how much they liked them and the thread title was just something like "Analord tracks ordered best to worst". And people groaned similarly.

12 hours ago, Brisbot said:

If you made a 'favorite track by release?' thread, there would be fewer groans or whatever, and you'd be able to post the same exact thing. The way you framed the thread sounds more like a blog post and not a forum post.

I remember another thread where someone ordered all the anal lord tracks by how much they liked them and the thread title was just something like "Analord tracks ordered best to worst". And people groaned similarly.

Apparently I am unaware of these official guidelines but ofc it wasn't meant as a blog post, I hate bloggers just as much as the next guy. I tried to avoid fooling ppl into thinking it was next lvl imminent shit by adding myself as author in the headline but alas feelings were hurt on both sides...

You shouldn't take the groaning so personally. Lol. People are just having a laugh really in the form of a groan. It's just funny to see that (by me) bit. I clicked on the topic after reading that and just knew how people would react.

I thought the by me bit was funny and knew what the thread was going to look like as soon as I clicked on it.

TBH in his defense he's not all that active on watmm, and there are many posts just like this on say, the aphex twin subreddit, which wouldn't be received like this? On reddit, either people ignore it or they might find it interesting and reply. I'm having a hard time explaining what I'm even getting at. Like, in the aphex twin subforum on watmm it's a pretty silly thread idea, but on reddit it's fine. 

I think that makes sense.

Archived