IGNORED

Member Map - Fun or Creepy

Joyrex

Should We Bring Back The Member Map  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Should we bring back the Member Map, allowing users to mark their location for others to see

• Yes
    • No

Some of you may recall we had a Member Map (allowed you to put a pin on a map where you are located in the big wide world), and it's a feature now available on the new forum software again.

Fun? Creepy? I can see from a privacy perspective one might not want to mark exactly where you live, but I can see the social benefits "oh, there's someone else in my town who likes electronic music too?".

Let's hear what you all think.

1 minute ago, nikisoko said:

it can be two things

Care to elaborate? You mean fun, but yet at the same time kinda creepy others knowing where you are more precisely on a map?

Riggggghhhhttt. Like you're suddenly going to have all the mens and womens in London or wherever you live stalking you based on a watmm member map.

Image result for eyeroll

I think it's a neat idea tbh. :shrug: 

Edited by StephenG

I don't see a problem as long as it is under my control. I see the social aspect of it. I am not aware of any overaged (40+) Ae geeks in my area. At all. Do not know a single person IRL.
Also, I'd love to see how huge the Ugandan community is. I guess it's only thousands.

Edited by Guest

6 minutes ago, MadameChaos said:

I already have enough slack jawed randoms staring across me from across dance floors, causing me to wonder... are they from WATMM? No thanks.

I can certainly appreciate that concern... if I didn't make it clear, it would be voluntary, and of course you don't actually have to put your pin where you really are in the world...

yah, I think as long as it's elective/controllable by the user, why not? Those who don't want to use won't, those that do will. 

Edited by T3551ER

4 minutes ago, T3551ER said:

yah, I think as long as it's elective/controllable by the user, why not? Those who don't want to use won't, those that do will. 

p much. 

6 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

I can certainly appreciate that concern... if I didn't make it clear, it would be voluntary, and of course you don't actually have to put your pin where you really are in the world...

Just for this reason, can the pinning be limited to city/town the member is in? IE can't be zooming in like google maps and pin our house lol.

1 hour ago, Joyrex said:

Care to elaborate? You mean fun, but yet at the same time kinda creepy others knowing where you are more precisely on a map?

yeah. it can be creepy and fun at the same time.  

The blue part is the sea, and it is calling me back...

I live in the Greater Boston area. But I need to move the fuck outta here and be roommate free, shit is wack.