IGNORED

Growing Flow

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2019 at 2:20 PM, webby said:

More braindance jams. :braindance:

nice one.

on one hand, feels like it could be longer (or go somewhere else). on other hand, in context of other tracks this seems like a perfect length to get in, play around with the idea and move on to the next thing. think the pacing on this one is good ?

Thanks Mozex, BCM and bitchroast! ?

For the braindance tracks, I’m making them on a RS7000 work-station where the smart card reader is broken, so I can’t save tracks. Rather than leave the machine on for days wasting power, I try to finish the track in one session of about 2-3 hours. So sometimes the structure of the track is a bit under-developed but I see it as a challenge to finish something in one session. I take inspiration from the Aphex quote where he said he had thousands of tracks because he often made several in a day. There’s a fluidity of production you can develop by working that way I think.

On the other hand I have been doing some Max/MSP tutorials and it will take me months and months of perseverance to get to the stage of making my own sounds with that (if ever...) So I do have the laborious tedium angle covered as well.?

multi track the sessions down in a DAW to arrange/mangle/remix/edit/work on later (?)

i have a tendency to barely save my work out of sheer personal disorganization, but the ableton DAW files get saved. makes returning to tracks hard but sometimes i'll have saved some patches here and there and there if i'm lucky. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived