IGNORED

Datach’i - Bones

auxien

Datach'i has some good stuff from the early 2000s Pmu and Sublight records heydays, thought for sure it'd be on your radar at some point during those years!

Some/most of his back catalogue is worth checking into. Ranges from spazzy break/glitchcore to the more subtle melodic stuff recently. 

I liked his first two albums too.  They're a bit rougher, but some really nice tracks on them. Also really enjoying Bones, hope my record & bonus cd get here Monday. 

It’s not as good as the album. More like outtakes. Still some excellent moments. People on here will say they like it better but they’re wrong and as a cohesive piece the main album is where it’s at.

• Like 1

First impressions of the thing as a whole: solid, very solid.

Nothing truly stands out, though. It’s basically exactly what you’d expect from an album put together by someone really, really competent using only Eurorack hardware.

I will probably be listening to this a lot, but I doubt I’ll grow to love it.

Someone a few pages back said something about “dad idm”. That’s probably not far off the mark.

7 minutes ago, rhmilo said:

Nothing truly stands out, though. It’s basically exactly what you’d expect from an album put together by someone really, really competent using only Eurorack hardware.

Someone a few pages back said something about “dad idm”. That’s probably not far off the mark.

Dad IDM? There’s already a Tycho thread.

1 hour ago, rhmilo said:

Dedicated TO his dad, bud.

Brilliant album IMO, some pretty crazy and beautiful melodies interwoven through the percussion. Standouts for me on 1st listen - Akemies, Rhys, Rockledge 3A, and Drone Maze. 

Recommend a smokey tokey beforehand too btw.

7 hours ago, Extralife said:
8 hours ago, rhmilo said:

Read more  

yes, dedicated to his late father (RIP). Much different than Dad IDM.

yikes

Pre-ordered it but didn't get the bonus disk? Oh well.

Had this playing in my car the last few days, really solid album all the way through. There's a lot of feeling in there.

On 5/30/2019 at 1:51 AM, auxien said:

worried we might be getting into dad-IDM territory here tbh

19 hours ago, Extralife said:

12 hours ago, dr lopez said:

lmao good reading comprehension