IGNORED

Datach’i - Bones

auxien

I went to rip the bonus cd and noticed that the insert with the CD lists 19 tracks (as does discogs) but the cd itself is only 18 tracks.  Was anyone else's cd only 18 tracks? 

Enjoying the bonus on first listen though, possibly even more than the main release.  

Edited by andrd

Beautiful crisp lush album.

Only thing that nags is the occasional awareness of randomized generative sequences that get a little annoying. When there’s more form, repetition and structure it really works. 

Nobody else doing anything like this so well right now for sure.  

only listened to the album 2 or 3 times, but my first listen to the bonus disc tells me i might like it more. some really nice stuff throughout, can't help but feel like they're both going to get better with time too.

Got the LP/Bonus today. Like System, it's like getting two complete albums at once. And, like System, the "proper" LP is more tightly focused and thematically unified, but the bonus tracks are out of this world. Thanks Joseph. 

• Like 3

I prefer this one over system defo. I always found his breakcore stuff to be a bit too much but system didn't manage to grab my attention really. For some reason this sounds way more interesting 

On 7/29/2019 at 4:08 PM, andrd said:

I went to rip the bonus cd and noticed that the insert with the CD lists 19 tracks (as does discogs) but the cd itself is only 18 tracks.  Was anyone else's cd only 18 tracks? 

Enjoying the bonus on first listen though, possibly even more than the main release.  

huh yeah mine's 18 tracks....and discogs shows 18 tracks too. but the list on the bonus CD shows 19 tracks (Day 6 is the last one on the art, not shown on Discogs) so that seems like maybe there was some confusion? maybe there's a hidden track or something.....? not at the end, maybe EP7 style before track 1???? or maybe Ian at tDR just messed up on the artwork after a change to the tracklist. idk

9 minutes ago, auxien said:

huh yeah mine's 18 tracks....and discogs shows 18 tracks too. but the list on the bonus CD shows 19 tracks (Day 6 is the last one on the art, not shown on Discogs) so that seems like maybe there was some confusion? maybe there's a hidden track or something.....? not at the end, maybe EP7 style before track 1???? or maybe Ian at tDR just messed up on the artwork after a change to the tracklist. idk

I contacted Datach'i because I was curious.  He said that there was a manufacturing error and to email tom@planet.mu and he would sort you out.  It's the weekend so I haven't heard back, but I sent him one (with my order number just in case. )

Edited by andrd
  • Farnsworth 1

whoa so maybe they all got published without track 19? bonus digital vinyl extra bonus track??? :D i doubt they're gonna wanna send out 500 remanufactured bonus CDs. curious if we've got a collector's item now...will go for thousands on discogs in a few years?? ;)

6 hours ago, andrd said:

I contacted Datach'i because I was curious.  He said that there was a manufacturing error and to email tom@planet.mu and he would sort you out.  It's the weekend so I haven't heard back, but I sent him one (with my order number just in case. )

oh shit! I guess I should do this too and see what happens.

On 8/4/2019 at 12:48 AM, Lada Laika said:

oh shit! I guess I should do this too and see what happens.

Got a code for the track today!  It's a good track too, glad it got sorted out.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 9/3/2019 at 6:36 PM, auxien said:

still listening to both the regular and the bonus disc every week. really good stuff

not listening to this weekly anymore, just put on the bonus disc tonight for the first time in a month probably. really really good stuff. surprised this didn't get more love from the Aphex fanboys out there, lots of touching on similar feels from 90's/00's Aphex stuff

• Like 1

• 1 year later...