IGNORED

Please help me create a proper deconstruction playlist

Hey guys,

I just had the idea to create a deconstruction IDM playlist. I guess you all guess what I mean. Tracks, like Ae Lentic Catachresis, which start traditional and then get unstable, beats getting unstable, chaotic, which end in a mess, in chaos, in nothing... I prefer tracks with a darker mood. Not looking for the Squarepusher style, where beats get faster and more complex. Rather stuff with rhythmical creativity/mess.

I think we have to thank Ae forever for making this more widely accepted. When did it start btw.? I think the big breakthrough moment was Stop Look Listen/Ae. Not exactly matching, but that tempo experiments halfway through... it was new and IMO an eye opener for doing more tempo/beat based experiments.

So, here's my ideas:

• Autechre - Lentic Catachresis
  • exm - kngs
  • exm - ignatio
  • Autechre - tt1pd
  • Syndrone - capital m
  • Syndrone - where for art
  • 3tronik - Revel
  • 3tronik - St0minux

Ran a bit out of ideas, but I guess there is so much more and I may have forgotten very obvious tracks. Lots that I mentioned above are more than just Ae inspired but straight out clones. 3tronik in his 3rd album even used Ae samples heavily. Thx

Haha yeah, good calls. Elyc by itself from a conventional track POV is already starting rather unconventional. Infinite idol and Qebrus not exactly what I mean, Qebrus is "chaos" all the way. I meant a traditional start developing into... creativity.

Qebrus, tried it at some point, but what I listened to, was too experimental for me. A bit like Chris Douglas effect, I miss the "music" at times.

Marry, yeah, a track running into filter and distortion oblivion. I cannot tell how much I love it. I think that album they had some stronger Ae vibes. Plaid aren't the guys who did extreme stuff, their 4-4 and melodies always simple... but what they do, works.

Yeah that one was def more of clear shift from a intricate but consistent looped beat to beautiful distorted chaos, not so much percussive deconstruction

I feel like there's some u-ziq or gescom I'm forgetting that fits this criterea

8 hours ago, joshuatxuk said:

Yeah that one was def more of clear shift from a intricate but consistent looped beat to beautiful distorted chaos, not so much percussive deconstruction

I feel like there's some u-ziq or gescom I'm forgetting that fits this criterea

mushroom compost? the beat starts out a bit nuts already tho

Archived