IGNORED

Radiohead OK Computer sessions leak - 18 hrs

T3551ER

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, crazy right?

Basically, a Radiohead fan's wet dream (for those interested, a Google doc here describing what's on the minidisc's that were ripped). Lots of what look like random sounds and outtakes (some of which already covered in the cassette tapes from the re-release) but also shit like multiple soundboard recordings of early versions of Karma Police, alternate version of lift, live performance soundboards of OKC songs, etc. 

3 minutes ago, T3551ER said:

Yeah, crazy right?

Basically, a Radiohead fan's wet dream (for those interested, a Google doc here describing what's on the minidisc's that were ripped). Lots of what look like random sounds and outtakes (some of which already covered in the cassette tapes from the re-release) but also shit like multiple soundboard recordings of early versions of Karma Police, alternate version of lift, live performance soundboards of OKC songs, etc. 

Wow, that's amazing. Imagine if one of Richard's MDs were found on a plane on a flight to Japan with stuff like this... :dadjoke:

It's quite an amazing amount of material. There's around 30 unheard Thom Yorke solo acoustic demos and another 10-15 or so unheard band jams. Also a live studio session of the famous 11 minute version of Paranoid Android.

Also, God bless Nigel Godrich.

2 hours ago, T3551ER said:

Yeah, crazy right?

wtf is with that google doc NOT BEING SEARCHABLE why would they do that i just wanted to see if they had a take of how to disappear :( 

really tho thanks for the thread on this, cool to see, i doubt this'll end up on YT? may have to actually download it all :wtf:

I clicked on this so fast.

This explains why this album is so good. They had a tremendous amount of material to pick from. I bet if you leaked the demos from more recent albums there wouldn't be near this much unreleased stuff.

I found the whole thing as a stream. idk how long it'll be up so. It's the 18 hours as unmarked tracks into the separate 'CD's detailed in the google doc, so it is basically needed.

PM me if you... might need something... (IDK what is against the rules cuz I haven't read them in a long time)

1 minute ago, Candiru said:

They were killin' it back then. AMSP is a huge improvement over King Of Limbs, though

Very true. Though it's funner to listen to various live versions of tracks off KoL than even AMSP

It seems most tracks off KoL were improved by the time they nailed them down live.

35 minutes ago, Brisbot said:

Very true. Though it's funner to listen to various live versions of tracks off KoL than even AMSP

It seems most tracks off KoL were improved by the time they nailed them down live.

agreed! one thing about TKOL is .. i believe it was largely them more wanting to do singles and EPs and not get bogged down in studio and get stuck in a perfectionist rut again, which they had a done a few times before with Ok Computer / Kid A Amnesiac / In Rainbows. As I understand it, the album was also largely them feeding live jams into Jonny Greenwood custom Max/MSP patches (which he admitted in interviews was more or less a shittier version of Ableton Live sampling/looping functionalities but just a lot buggier and breaking all the time). TKOL as an album is kind of a unique thing. I do enjoy it but I do find the first half to be a bit heavy hitting with similar style tracks one after another and only introducing some variety on second half. Good for what it is, and the live performances are indeed very good ?

5 hours ago, T3551ER said:

Yeah, crazy right?

ooh that doc is helpful

i've seen multiple people geek out over one of the "lift" takes

a. looking forward to digging through these bootlegs :^)

b. looking forward to the Kid A/Amensiac collections when that comes out. hopefully that gets a similar "yo here's just everything" leak (but honestly that might be asking too much)

Disc 9 17:32 - Last Flowers (Roger Moore James Bond Version)

fun to listen to this. the OKNOTOK compilation was cool but still too curated and precious about revealing the embarrassing misfires. not so much with this. weird band versions of True Love Waits. reggae version of Karma Police that sounds like they'd been listening to XTC just earlier. 

1:53 - 5:47 Early I Promise

28:30 - 36:33 Early I Promise (Live)

48:28 - 52:34 Early Live Performance of I Promise

53:25 - 57:28 Early Live Performance of I Promise

2:25 I Promise (cut intro, live)

7:07 I Promise (first ever live performance, announcement at beginning)

22:36 I Promise - Live soundboard

39:14 I Promise - live soundboard End 43:01

19:04 - I Promise (live at Mansfield 1996)

8:10 - I Promise (live performance)

30:18 - I Promise (live)

42:06 - I Promise (live…)

1:00:26 I Promise, live.

1:10:44 I Promise live

~~~

What's kinda baffling is the amount of interesting material in this collection that completely passed by the OKNOTOK compilation? 

3 hours ago, bitchroast said:

What's kinda baffling is the amount of interesting material in this collection that completely passed by the OKNOTOK compilation? 

Maybe Thom couldn't find these minidiscs? :emotawesomepm9:

the more you listen to this stuff the more you dig into and land into what sounds like pretty intimate recordings, not intended for public listening + not made available to the public by the band. starts creating a moral dilemma a bit for me as a listener that i wasn't anticipating, but there you have it. 

it also gives a nice insight into the creative process. of the band/thom just doing > a lot< of material. you do a lot of material, and not all of it is good. but if you do a lot of material, then good stuff comes out of it. good material just doesn't come out of nowhere. it's interesting listening. 

Archived