IGNORED

Radiohead OK Computer sessions leak - 18 hrs

T3551ER

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

haha

I do get what you’re saying about this not intending to be heard though. I’d like to make a best of and just put some of the awesome versions of stuff in it to make a manageable playlist 

6 hours ago, bitchroast said:

the more you listen to this stuff the more you dig into and land into what sounds like pretty intimate recordings, not intended for public listening + not made available to the public by the band. starts creating a moral dilemma a bit for me as a listener that i wasn't anticipating, but there you have it. 

it also gives a nice insight into the creative process. of the band/thom just doing > a lot< of material. you do a lot of material, and not all of it is good. but if you do a lot of material, then good stuff comes out of it. good material just doesn't come out of nowhere. it's interesting listening. 

leaked Nude(s)

enjoying lot of tunes. love the experimental/intimate aspect about it. similar to rdj's soundcloud dump i guess. more raw than the 'perfect' album versions. less clinical and more emotional. although without consent of the artists involved, i guess. but we're actually not sure about that either.

there hasn't been an official statement from radiohead at this point, right?

To me it's like a bunch of alternate live versions. I haven't really listened much to OK Computer in years but a few of the tracks here have definitely rejuvinated interest in the album. Ever since I got into more idm stuff I mostly kept to their more recently stuff - In Rainbows/KoL/AMSP, but I forgot how good some of this music was. Definite nostalgia, bringing me back to my mid teens when I listened to way too much Radiohead and Tool.

Now I just need the friggin Tool album to come out already.

1 hour ago, Brisbot said:

soon backwards is noos... as in noose... as in we'll die waiting at this rate.

Okay not really. But it feels like it.

it’ll be worth it

I hope...

6 hours ago, jules said:

it’ll be worth it

I hope...

I was disappointed in A Perfect Circle's last outing and the pressure on Tool though is much higher than APC. I won't be surprised if Tool doesn't live up to earlier albums. I just hope it's good at least. 

i'm still working my way through these, but yeah OK Computer came out at one of the most important parts of my life, so i will always have a love for this material although it is kind of strange to hear the "behind the scenes" stuff that we really weren't meant to hear.

i do remember searching forever for some of these versions of true love waits and lift, so it's really great to have versions of these that aren't shitty live recordings.

i wonder how these were stolen / leaked in the first place.  the google doc mentions a rumor about an intern stealing them but i'm too old to be connected to the internet rumor mill nowadays.

smart move of the team. i guess there won't be any new threats coming to put stolen stuff online again. ;)

and it's now available in flac... o lord

1 hour ago, jules said:

Solid reaction on their part

Best possible reaction even.

3 minutes ago, StephenG said:

Maybe they weren't really hacked (just a pr stunt) and this is just their version of a soundcloud dump. 

If they were to take a huge SC dump we'd probably be hearing more recent stuff more than OK Computer stuff.

Archived