IGNORED

Remade my old Aphex Twin anime music video

Parsifal

I'll just quote myself from the YouTube video:

Many years ago when I was a young man (2001) I made a video using the imagery from the FLCL/Furi Kuri anime, and the music that is track #11 of Aphex Twin's unreleased "Melodies From Mars" album. I was very happy with it, and still am, but the quality of the video material that you could feasibly work with when you where a student eighteen years ago left a lot to be desired. So I decided to do a frame-by-frame* "HD remake" of it.

Just wanted to share!

I was gonna make a joke about how it needed more "Linkin Park - In The End" but I've seen the original a few times and really liked it. Sweet. Music fits very well.

21 hours ago, Brisbot said:

I was gonna make a joke about how it needed more "Linkin Park - In The End" but I've seen the original a few times and really liked it. Sweet. Music fits very well.

I don't get it, but thanks ?

27 minutes ago, Parsifal said:

I don't get it, but thanks ?

Back in the day in early/mid 2000s linkin park music seemed to be in like 50% of the amv's made, especially for anime. Their songs 'In the End' and 'Numb' and some others I can't remember the name of, especially. You've gotta remember that.

It was a bunch of preteens and early teens expressing themselves thru making music videos to animated shows they like using Linkin Park music.

Then AMV's seemed to disappear around 2010.... or I just stopped watching them and the youtube algorithm stopped showing them to me.

On 6/8/2019 at 11:50 PM, Brisbot said:

It was a bunch of preteens and early teens expressing themselves thru making music videos to animated shows they like using Linkin Park music.

Oh yeah... Or Rammstein. All that young teenager angst and edgyness, with anime as a conduit. Very cringey now that you are old. I don't know if I really want to remember it... Luckily I never made any video that is very embarrassing, the worst one at least uses a Bogdan Raczynski track ?

23 hours ago, Parsifal said:

Oh yeah... Or Rammstein. All that young teenager angst and edgyness, with anime as a conduit. Very cringey now that you are old. I don't know if I really want to remember it... Luckily I never made any video that is very embarrassing, the worst one at least uses a Bogdan Raczynski track ?<span>

OH god lol. Speaking of embarrassing I made a few amv's when I was first discovering music with a cringe band. I posted it on youtube in the early days. It got a lot of views for the time, something like 30,000. Then some time back I bothered to look it up for the first time in forever and it had a crazy amount of views, like 350,000 or something. I can't even watch 5 seconds without cringing. Gah.

4 minutes ago, Brisbot said:

OH god lol. Speaking of embarrassing I made a few amv's when I was first discovering music with a cringe band. I posted it on youtube in the early days. It got a lot of views for the time, something like 30,000. Then some time back I bothered to look it up for the first time in forever and it had a crazy amount of views, like 350,000 or something. I can't even watch 5 seconds without cringing. Gah.

Post the link! Post the link!

no. I'm not proud of this at all. The most effect I'll ever have on the most people (online wise anyway) is relegated to something I did when I was 13 over a period of a few hours of me learning microsoft movie maker.

I just watched it and I just can't. lol. I can't believe people liked this. Maybe I'll change my mind later idk.

Archived