IGNORED

Interesting study on lsd, why I think it changes the way we perceive music in a pretty useful way

vkxwz

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs00213-018-5119-x

Here's the link to the study, basically they found that while under the influence of lsd subjects were able to more accurately reproduce lengths of time that they experienced. ie it's like the brains internal timer was made more accurate. I don't think I have to explain why this is significant for music..

Thoughts?

I don't have time to read the whole article at this moment, but it's cool that these studies are being done again. I've only tried to make music while tripping on shrooms once, but I found it difficult, I think that was more due to being focused on other things though.

Cool to imagine that LSD might allow you to take advantage of a different temporal experience and create rhythms in it.

this completely validates microdosing in the tech start-up scene. these people are perceiving time more accurately than the rest of us, time = money, they truly understand how to optimize their milliseconds of life towards optimal disruption and paradigm-shifting

3 hours ago, MadellisTheSixth said:

I don't have time to read the whole article at this moment, but it's cool that these studies are being done again. I've only tried to make music while tripping on shrooms once, but I found it difficult, I think that was more due to being focused on other things though.

Cool to imagine that LSD might allow you to take advantage of a different temporal experience and create rhythms in it.

Yeah I think (at least in high doses)  it's a little too much for actually making music, but great for experiencing / analysing / forming ideas. Maybe microdosing brings that benefit to creating though.

4 hours ago, Salvatorin said:

this completely validates microdosing in the tech start-up scene. these people are perceiving time more accurately than the rest of us, time = money, they truly understand how to optimize their milliseconds of life towards optimal disruption and paradigm-shifting

microdosing in the tech industry makes me want to punch a dry wall. literally can't even have our drugs without them being used to maximise exploitation of our labor anymore lmao.

2 hours ago, vkxwz said:

Yeah I think (at least in high doses)  it's a little too much for actually making music, but great for experiencing / analysing / forming ideas. Maybe microdosing brings that benefit to creating though.

true, that would be interesting to explore further

2 hours ago, MadellisTheSixth said:

microdosing in the tech industry makes me want to punch a dry wall

Eh, if a bit of ego dissolution rubs off a bit on these types it's a good thing in my eyes anyway. Plus if it really works the way they think it does it'll result in better designed stuff for us anyway.

Archived