IGNORED

Khruangbin - Hasta El Cielo (Con Todo El Mundo In Dub)

Extralife

Nice! Big fan of this band and love dub, should be a great album for the summer!

Although that preview track sounds, I dunno, kinda uninspired? 

I've been hooked on this trio since springtime. Haven't dipped my toe into the other remixes thing they did, might hold off on this too until I'm finished with all their EPs and stuff first.

On 6/12/2019 at 9:12 AM, zero said:

Nice! Big fan of this band and love dub, should be a great album for the summer!

Although that preview track sounds, I dunno, kinda uninspired? 

I thought that too but I'm still hopeful because that track they remixed is not the most apt for dub treatment, it was one of the more uptempo, percussion heavy, and less "spaced out" songs

• 4 weeks later...

Been listening to this this morning and it's nice, but I guess I expected...something more? Some tracks sound like demo versions or something of the regular tracks. 

On 6/14/2019 at 6:26 PM, Mellow U said:

I've been hooked on this trio since springtime. Haven't dipped my toe into the other remixes thing they did, might hold off on this too until I'm finished with all their EPs and stuff first.

Is everything youve heard so far worth checking out?  have only heard 'Con todo' but love it.  Also they were the #2 highlight of festival Ceremonia earlier this year, other than Aphex of course!

Im excited to hear this one, especially the scientist dubs..

Also slightly related but my brain always just sees their guitarist as Bibio wearing a wig.. his American alter-ego who joined a band instead of doing it alone.. the resemblance is uncanny

21 hours ago, markedone said:

everything youve heard so far

Yeah, for sure, not a bum note, though I've been so enamored with the first album and the EPs/singles that I've not even heard Con Todo, besides when they play tracks from it live (I almost prefer their Boiler Room set to the studio recordings, and have discovered pretty much all of their live performances are top shelf). 

I used to get into new bands I found and liked in a really manic way, completist etc, but these days I'm much more interested in just soaking things up a little at a time, knowing full well that I'm missing out on other recordings, and thinking about how exciting it will be to discover new stuff when the time comes. This point is doubly important for artists and bands that aren't around anymore, where there's a finite amount of these gems and minerals and you don't want to find all of that at once.

6 hours ago, Mellow U said:

Yeah, for sure, not a bum note, though I've been so enamored with the first album and the EPs/singles that I've not even heard Con Todo, besides when they play tracks from it live (I almost prefer their Boiler Room set to the studio recordings, and have discovered pretty much all of their live performances are top shelf). 

I used to get into new bands I found and liked in a really manic way, completist etc, but these days I'm much more interested in just soaking things up a little at a time, knowing full well that I'm missing out on other recordings, and thinking about how exciting it will be to discover new stuff when the time comes. This point is doubly important for artists and bands that aren't around anymore, where there's a finite amount of these gems and minerals and you don't want to find all of that at once.

Love this statement. Trying to be better about doing this myself. 

Archived