IGNORED

WXAXRXP

Draft78

Does Warp have any plans with NTS to make all these performances as archives. I've practically missed everything so far due to work commitments. Gonna try and catch the BOC thing tonight but even that's not definite.

I tried to upload my rip of Warp Tapes Part 1 to YouTube and I got a copyright claim from [Merlin] Warp Records.

Haven’t uploaded anything other than my own stuff to YouTube before. Could this mean Warp/Autechre are planning to officially release it or is that normal for broadcast recordings? 

4 minutes ago, moebius said:

I tried to upload my rip of Warp Tapes Part 1 to YouTube and I got a copyright claim from [Merlin] Warp Records.

Haven’t uploaded anything other than my own stuff to YouTube before. Could this mean Warp/Autechre are planning to officially release it or is that normal for broadcast recordings? 

It means there's an evil Wizard named Merlin who works for Warp Records, and they have a personal vendetta against you.

6 minutes ago, oscillik said:

It means there's an evil Wizard named Merlin who works for Warp Records, and they have a personal vendetta against you.

I knew it! 

But seriously, if they didn’t have plans to do something with it/release it in some way, it wouldn’t have got a claim, no?

I see the Squarepusher set is on YouTube no problems or am I missing something? 

As has been said earlier, part of the fun is hearing a lot of familiar* patches/sounds, but given a Sean & Rob spin. This stuff is definitely significantly more danceable than Lego Feet for the most part. Which is not to say it isn't a blast to listen to. To me this really solidifies something about those apocryphal tales of the lads exchanging mixtapes with one another, making homemade edits of songs they like, jamming out to Mantronix, etc. I can definitely imagine someone mountain biking around Sheffield with these jams on their Walkman.

*Much of the sonic palette would be familiar to someone versed in old rave music as well as house, techno, and other popular late eighties-early nineties electronic sounds of those sorts. In this way, it might sound "more dated" but it has perhaps aged better than Incunabula.

4 hours ago, moebius said:
4 hours ago, oscillik said:

I knew it! 

But seriously, if they didn’t have plans to do something with it/release it in some way, it wouldn’t have got a claim, no?

I see the Squarepusher set is on YouTube no problems or am I missing something? 

hmm you may be right... we'll see

4 hours ago, moebius said:

I think that's because the AE tapes already went through the copyright process, whereas Tom performed his thing live, which will hopefully later also go on the WXAXRXP store ?

16 hours ago, Roo said:

Yep, this is magnificent. Feels a little more IDM-friendly than Lego Feet was (hence the moniker), but still got that nice acid electro root to it. Oppenheimer sample pops up shortly before the half hour mark.

Yeah bridges the gap really nicely between lego feet and incunabula.. excited for part 2 tonight!

Wonder if it will be more of the same or bit of a different vibe? Either way know its going to be epic! 

2 minutes ago, splbt said:

manmower your link aint working for me. anything special to it?

Not really, do you have a BitTorrent client installed? I linked to the torrent because the distributed traffic would save the ripper ('DavidXGA') some bandwidth, he's practically begging people not to download directly from his site. If need be I can mirror his files on Mega or something.