IGNORED

Most IDM: Man Who Has Lived Alone On An Island (not Future) Since 1989

Joyrex

i'd be really curious what it was like when he first got there, especially the first 1-2 years. had he been living alone prior to going to that island? 

i'm guessing now his brain has conditioned itself to the point where living in society would almost be inconceivable- much in the same way we find his isolation inconceivable. but i like how sensitive to nature he is (maybe always has been) especially when he said "it took ten thousand years to make this beach. mankind has destroyed it in 20."

also there's a nice symbolic system happening: he starts the documentary saying he's the islands guardian. then ends by saying "i think she loves me" since he's never been sick for 29 years. 

6 minutes ago, ManjuShri said:

Reminds me of this guy. He's been forcibly extradited and now has to die on the mainland against his wishes.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/06/27/japanese-hermit-forced-give-remote-island-paradise-nearly-30/

I saw that too - just leave the poor guy alone to die where he spent most of his life!

Archived