IGNORED

(h32.)aM3F5a.-

dingformung

very nice! Sort of makes me feel like I'm floating in a dark void with shafts of light exploding all around (think, flex). The texture of everything feels very palpable. Thick. 

When you have a moment would be interested to know what you're using to create the noises here. Tops!

nice to see that you guys like it ?

I made some FM-ish drum sounds in Reaktor Blocks, loaded them into Geist2 where I added filters and some effects to them and created a probability based polyrhythm which I then sent through two instances of Unfiltered Audio Triad (great new plugin with wicked modulation system). Basically kept improvising and changing parameters and added / removed / changed modulators throughout the recording. Did some dynamic processing and EQ-ing to make it sound thick

A lot of the rhythmic variation comes from modulated delays. Some of the tonality comes from Karplus Strong like usage of delays

Thanks ? As far as I remember the kick drums were just a sine wave slightly frequency modulated by another sine wave plus a thin layer of white noise, some envelope curve, a high pass filter and very light harmonic distortion. The "thwack" comes from the serial compression with a compressor with a very quick attack time to shave off some of the extreme volume peaks from the transients followed by a compressor with a slow attack (about 62.5ms, that's 1/16 at 120bpm) and a fast release (125ms, 1/8) to give back some thicker transients. Not sure if it makes any sense to quantize one's compressors

Listening back to the tracks some days later I find they could use some more weird voice sampling. The second track is a bit too compressed. I might make a fourth track in that vain and make an EP out of it

Archived