IGNORED

Aphex Twin - Printworks London (14th September 2019)

Soloman Tump

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, chronical said:

were there actual vinyl records at the merch or was it just the card being sold? 

Just the card, so people wouldn't have to carry the vinyl all through the night.

I'm curious if they're different versions of the orphans tracks - the tracklist said nightmail (not nightmail 1) and Atlantis4x take2_3 (instead of take1) or something like that.

1 hour ago, kloffy said:

Anybody know where to find this?

I am guessing it's this guy (sounds like him):

But I don't see a "12 november" anywhere. Unreleased?

Yep it's him! This guy makes really sick Techno tracks, dig almost everything he does.

11 hours ago, cloud capture said:

I ended up making a youtube playlist with the printworks show and the field day video and had it on loop all day.  Decided to try and find a couple more "live" shows with decent board recordings to add to the playlist and I found this board recording from a festival in Wisconsin in 1994.  The video only has a few hundred views so I figured I'd share it here:

there's also a full tracklist in the description

I think I skimmed this one years ago when I downloaded a big set of live mp3s - gonna revisit it today, thanks for the heads up! I love this era of his hardcore rave stuff - Caustic Window and early Rephlex peers.

DFN will always be my favorite for subjective personal reasons and memories but I have to say of his post-Syro DJ sets, hell any of his DJ sets really, this is one of my favorites. I always get really pumped to explore a plethora of artists and producers, both old school and contemporary, after hearing these sets. This shook me out of my rather passive tendency to listen to indie rock and MOR electronic via the radio or Spotify and back to digging through bangin' techno, house, and IDM. I love how he manages to put out these very diverse DJ sets that seamlessly mix older obscure gems with contemporary underground releases with his own work sprinkled in.

Archived