IGNORED

Aphex Twin - Printworks London (14th September 2019)

Soloman Tump

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

How fucking lucky we are as fans... first the Printworks release, now the 2nd Peel session finally seeing official release... almost seems like it's all building up to something, eh?

tumblr_nh03xqvn2k1ryw9fko3_250.gif

1 hour ago, J3FF3R00 said:

On the Aphex site, the page for Orphans has squarish cassette covers, in addition to the traditional ones. Could this be a possible foreshadowing of the 12" art??

https://aphextwin.warp.net/release/86520-afx-orphans

I think that's been there for ages. 

Wouldn't mind betting that there's gonna be no artwork on the 12"

3 minutes ago, valleyinaire said:

I think that's been there for ages. 

Wouldn't mind betting that there's gonna be no artwork on the 12"

There was a page on Discogs for it, and if I remember correctly, it was a white label vinyl similar to DfN... but now it's mysteriously gone

Amazing night.. wish I could remember half of what i'm seeing in the stream haha. Any other Brits think the D-shake track was a response to Jeremy Deller's documentary that went out on the BBC a few weeks ago? Me and my mates are pretty sure it was a shout out to everyone who had watched it:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000777d/everybody-in-the-place-an-incomplete-history-of-britain-19841992

Certainly feels like it connected especially well with a huge part of the crowd

27 minutes ago, katmat said:

Amazing night.. wish I could remember half of what i'm seeing in the stream haha. Any other Brits think the D-shake track was a response to Jeremy Deller's documentary that went out on the BBC a few weeks ago? Me and my mates are pretty sure it was a shout out to everyone who had watched it:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000777d/everybody-in-the-place-an-incomplete-history-of-britain-19841992

Certainly feels like it connected especially well with a huge part of the crowd

Well spotted and I like the way you think... Aphex often throws out a track that hits the zeitgeist 

I think Richie just fucking loves old rave. A glance at his discogs proves that. Its funny as hes pretty much was the reason I stopped listening to rave. I find it lush that hes really into it. 

I'm a bit younger tho and missed the golden years of rave. I guess techno and idm were coming to their golden years when I was coming of age more (imo)

Bastard thing still hasn't arrived.. I know copies are out there, amazed its not come online yet! 

Def pleased there's an unknown track on it, Manchester one looks wicked and would love it dearly but no exclusives

Sounds like a fantastic outtake from Syro, like one of the slower  ones, can hear a Pacific state sample.. nice Fm pings, funky ass bass, rolling drums, cheetah like pads.. 

Yep. Id settle for a 1minute phone recorded sample right now please.

(Also posted on the other thread too but I'm offering my spare Manchester vinyl when it arrives for your spare London one. pM me)

Archived