Aphex Twin - Printworks London (14th September 2019)

Soloman Tump

27 minutes ago, Solo Strike said:

My record came today, had a quick skip through of the tracks from SC, the Orphans tunes are all the same versions from a brief skip through, no drums etc on Atlantis

New tune sounds amazing on vinyl, record sounds fantastic, really nicely pressed

Thanks for informing, (:

5 hours ago, diatoms said:
12 hours ago, MIXL2 said:

aphex twin, producing exclusively cop show dad funk since 2014

Computer Controlled Acoustic Instruments pt2

those were produced b4 2014 iirc

but to b fair everything released since 2014 might have been produced b4 2014 we don't know innit

edit: but i'll assume he has just kept doing cop show dad funk since until he proves otherwise :smile:

Edited by MIXL2

1 hour ago, MIXL2 said:

those were produced b4 2014 iirc

but to b fair everything released since 2014 might have been produced b4 2014 we don't know innit

edit: but i'll assume he has just kept doing cop show dad funk since until he proves otherwise :smile:

What is cop show dad funk?

Can you give me some

examples of RDJ's music

where the cop show dad funk

genre comes into play?

Hope it's not

T69 Collapse

abundance10edit [2 R8's, FZ20m & a 909]

tnodvood104

or any of collapse ep

:aphexsign::aphexsign::aphexsign:

3 minutes ago, diatoms said:

What is cop show dad funk?

Please someone help me with this genre

I'm not Hearing it

:aphexsign::aphexsign::aphexsign:

edit: all credit/blame to spiral :smile:

Edited by MIXL2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Solo Strike said:

My record came today, had a quick skip through of the tracks from SC, the Orphans tunes are all the same versions from a brief skip through, no drums etc on Atlantis

New tune sounds amazing on vinyl, record sounds fantastic, really nicely pressed

Indeed it does!!! Really nice syro-esque feel to it. Perhaps it was originally going to go on that album. Did your's come with a dl code?

I don't really wan to play it too much as it look like it's going to be worth millions of monies in the future eh. HAHAHAHAHA!!! I win.

3 hours ago, MadameChaos said:

Indeed it does!!! Really nice syro-esque feel to it. Perhaps it was originally going to go on that album. Did your's come with a dl code?

I don't really wan to play it too much as it look like it's going to be worth millions of monies in the future eh. HAHAHAHAHA!!! I win.

Nah no code or stickers etc, just basic white label which is fine really. Nice collectable!

10 minutes ago, Solo Strike said:

Nice collectable!

Sadly, this sums up the latest buzz around aphex camp....how hard is it to put some digitals online??? :catface: OK, seriously speaking, I get it that the live shows with these exclusives are a major wow experience to those who attend, but personally what I love the most, is to wear my V-Moda's, crank the volume up to 11 and listen to some afx acid. :wtf:

2 hours ago, Ivan Ooze said:

man soundlab 20 is a funny and awesome track, love the woozy ending 2

afx_meme_part2.gif

got a feeling it will hit the store soooon

lol I knew this GIF will be the perfect thing for WATMM xD.

• Thanks 1

The gif's from WHP though isn't it? The relentlessness of that gig feels like the big "there you go fuckers im done!" Printworks is more in line with the current tours general vibe i reckon.... All are good but WHP was a bookend it seems.. maybe? Or simply a change in direction. It reminds me of one of the Glade sets (recording not available) where he kind went pure techno 

Edited by phudoshin

2 hours ago, xxx said:

There is something about the .gif that feels contemptuous or disdainful--like a feller just tired as hell of it all like "eat it up cunts, there's your big rave"

he's probably just happy he didn't get sniped by some deranged fan on tour

• Haha 2

Those unreleased AQXDM tracks that Rich has played on his various sets will be released this month. Created a thread to new releases sub.

Thought to give a heads up in here too in case someone is interested.

• Thanks 1

Really amazing track, clean sounding, fun and consistent analord/cheetah lovechild. Deadcode came to mind... Syro is pretty schizo and rough sounding except for XMAS. Collapse was getting there except for the viral bullshit part and the fillertastic rest of the EP. This is a sound you can actually kick back with.