IGNORED

Aphex Twin - Printworks London (14th September 2019)

Soloman Tump

1 minute ago, Omikron said:

You mean you refreshed the page that you got redirected to? As soon as I tried that, I was put at the back of the queue again.

I just stayed on the same waiting page and didn't manually refresh .. eventually got to a details & payment page.

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got to the tickets page to purchase, selected how many I wanted then was told it was sold out. Very disappointed, watmm should have had exclusive  presale tickets, aphex has forgotten about the #realfans.

Managed to grab four, had an absolute nightmare when Natwest decided that this is the transaction I'm committing fraud with. Very fun conversation answering 10 security questions while the timer ticked down. Most people I know didn't get them despite being there before 9.

I saw Jeff mills at printworks last year and can confirm it is an incredible venue, the whole lighting rig was lowered from the ceiling to just above our heads at one point.. 8th Aphex gig for me, got a feeling it's going to be the most insane of the lot  :aphexsign:

By the sound of it I was quite lucky getting my tickets. Pulled over in my car at 9am in the queue for 2 mins and booked them within 5. 

The site lagged in a few spots ordering. 

Really gutted for others that couldnt get any :(

2 hours ago, katmat said:

I saw Jeff mills at printworks last year and can confirm it is an incredible venue, the whole lighting rig was lowered from the ceiling to just above our heads at one point.. 8th Aphex gig for me, got a feeling it's going to be the most insane of the lot  :aphexsign:

Yes I was there, a great night.  I thought Blawan was better than Jeff Mills though, loads of variety and acid ravey techno! The lighting rig in there is very special indeed.

Yeah didn't work that well for me. I was refreshing every second and the button didn't change to "Book Now" until about 55 seconds after the onsale started. Got in the queue at 9:00:56, said I had to wait 5 minutes, 5 minutes went by then the selection page said sold out.

Lucked out on the NYC show though so I'm still alright. Whoever got tickets have fun and hopefully there's some good recordings that come out.

When demand far outweighs supply I’m not sure what they can do, luck of the draw really. It’s shit but no use moaning, we need aphex to come out as a paedo or something so he goes back to only being supported by us basement dwellers.

One alternative could be a drawing system. Have a window of time, say a week where you express your interest in purchasing a ticket. You get an identifier assigned. When the drawing occurs each identifier drawn is notified and has a window of time to execute the purchase. If that time expires, another drawing round occurs. If you keep the windows short enough, maybe you give each round 30 minutes to purchase, you could have it done in a couple of hours. Put the general onsale of any tickets not accounted for at that +2 hour mark.

Still going to have a scarce product with more buyers than there are items to sell but it takes the race out of it.

• 2 months later...

Anyone from watmm manage to get a ticket?

Part of me glad it sold out quick, because it's a fucking mission impossible to get back home and I couldn't afford the ball ache of overnight accommodation. 

Grumpy blah blah blah

Sitting at home and watching sounds good to me.

Although I do love Printworks, the rest of the seasons lineups don't do much for me this year.  The one with Stingray b2b Marcell Dettmann looks quite tasty though.

Archived