Jump to content
Mozex

ANA 2 your thoughts?

Recommended Posts

I dont know if this is the right place to ask, but do some of you use ANA 2? What are your thoughts about it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you haven’t been to KVRaudio, go check it out.  There is plenty of love for ANA2.  Mind you, most of those guys upgraded from ANA.  I’m sure it’s a fine synth, going by the demos I’ve heard, but I don’t see a point in listing all the VA/Wavetable synths I already own.  I just don’t see where owning it would add anything.   

If you are looking for something good in the way of a plugin synth, there’s always the Splice Rent to Own thing.   What they have up there is as good as anything else for $8-10 a month

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, brian trageskin said:

learn music theory and use whatever tool to make them beats, chords and melodies. imo

I had 4 years of music classes when I was younger and seven years of keyboard lessons.

2 hours ago, W23 said:

If you haven’t been to KVRaudio, go check it out.  There is plenty of love for ANA2.  Mind you, most of those guys upgraded from ANA.  I’m sure it’s a fine synth, going by the demos I’ve heard, but I don’t see a point in listing all the VA/Wavetable synths I already own.  I just don’t see where owning it would add anything.   

If you are looking for something good in the way of a plugin synth, there’s always the Splice Rent to Own thing.   What they have up there is as good as anything else for $8-10 a month

Yep I tried serum on the splice rent to own. Still however get drawn back to Roland Cloud every time it seems... At least recently I try to reshape the presets a bit so they sound different, so there is a evolution going on on there.

I also tried Ozone 8 with rent to own, will be paying for that each month. Is cheaper then the website option I have now (9.99 a month instead of 17€ a month) and after a year or two I own it so thats also good.

Edited by Mozex
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What do you think ANA 2 will give you that you don't have already? Legit curious

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, chronical said:

What do you think ANA 2 will give you that you don't have already? Legit curious

To be honest I would not know at all...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ANAlord?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Mozex said:

I had 4 years of music classes when I was younger and seven years of keyboard lessons.

you probably didn't learn much during that time though, judging by your output. there's more to music than major/minor triads, basic 4/4 beats and dull melodies.

or you're a master troll and your tunes are ironic masterpieces then.

  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, brian trageskin said:

you probably didn't learn much during that time though, judging by your output. there's more to music than major/minor triads, basic 4/4 beats and dull melodies.

or you're a master troll and your tunes are ironic masterpieces then.

I do what I can but thank you for your great and positive feedback. I think my music is indeed pretty original and thats how its supposed to be. Everyone has his genre that he creates. I am sorry that you do not like the genre I create, you can not satisfy everybody in life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

your tunes are not original at all dude. you're either delusional or taking the piss. in either case, the truth's not being told.

 

  • Burger 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, brian trageskin said:

your tunes are not original at all dude. you're either delusional or taking the piss. in either case, the truth's not being told.

 

I am glad you find enjoyment in trashing my tracks.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brian may not be putting things in the most tactful way, but he certainly has a point. I'd like to hear more experimentation in your output, try working with unusual note progressions and chord structures rather than the bland approach you currently take. Also, I know you say you can't do it, but you've got to move away from loops and sample packs - absolutely nothing original about using those is there? You use lots of drum loops in your music, so how is it original?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, BCM said:

Brian may not be putting things in the most tactful way, but he certainly has a point. I'd like to hear more experimentation in your output, try working with unusual note progressions and chord structures rather than the bland approach you currently take. Also, I know you say you can't do it, but you've got to move away from loops and sample packs - absolutely nothing original about using those is there? You use lots of drum loops in your music, so how is it original?

With the songs I am creating now I made the drums myself, but I do use the drum I created now for every song. I also stepped up from 130BPM to 145BPM. I will upload them in a week or so but first I need to upload the songs from the EP "Back in Time". They still are made with drumloops.

Edited by Mozex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you make all your tracks in the same BPM? I'd take the criticism here to heart, even if Brian can be a mean coconut. Try changing up the bpm each time, the swing as well. Still not sure if you're a troll but if you want to delve deeper into electronic music you pretty much have to experiment more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am really getting tired of hearing that I may be a troll

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Respectfully, and meant with the utmost kindness: if you are truly concerned about people saying you are a troll, it might be worthwhile to consider what it is about what you say and do that might give people that impression.  

Edited by T3551ER

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I for one would like to be called a troll. But I am more of a Mukla.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, T3551ER said:

Respectfully, and meant with the utmost kindness: if you are truly concerned about people saying you are a troll, it might be worthwhile to consider what it is about what you say and do that might give people that impression.  

I bet its because my music is bad I guess. I dont do anything else then post music and comment on other peoples music.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a whole lotta harsh browns getting served up in here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

there really isn't though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...