IGNORED

Societas x Tape

manmower

2 hours ago, apriorion said:

Strange coincidence I bumped into the other day: that "Leo the Lizard" thing was rolling around in my head, and I realized that "Leo Lizard" is an anagram for "Leo Szilard", one of the theoretical physicists who realized the importance of the role of neutrons in nuclear fission. 

I know it's not intentional, but I have very few people to share this silliness with, so I subject you, dear reader, to that. Sorry. 

I'm afraid that is not true.

17 hours ago, manmower said:

? (synth, ambient) (1:31:28)

Yeah that's the one I wanna hunt for too - Like an super minimal version of a JMJ track from the 70s. Love the sound of a slow phasing VP330 (or whatever String Synth it is)

• Like 1

How was Interlude (The Elegants - Little Star) (1:48:00) identified as that?

They were a doo-wop band from the 50s. Looking that song up on YouTube doesn't sound remotely like the Societas X piece.

27 minutes ago, fumi said:

How was Interlude (The Elegants - Little Star) (1:48:00) identified as that?

They were a doo-wop band from the 50s. Looking that song up on YouTube doesn't sound remotely like the Societas X piece.

Reverse it, it'll still sound pretty smooshed but you'll recognize the tune.

47 minutes ago, manmower said:

Reverse it, it'll still sound pretty smooshed but you'll recognize the tune.

Ah, I didn't think of that. Love that section of the tape.

Yeah that's the one I wanna hunt for too - Like an super minimal version of a JMJ track from the 70s. Love the sound of a slow phasing VP330 (or whatever String Synth it is)

Could have sworn someone identified this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still listening to this. I love the fact that there are still 1 or 2 short things from this mix that haven't been located yet, it's been fun following the people hunting for the credits to te tracks on this thing.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Also still listening to this quite a bit. It's probably my favourite thing of the year. I discovered so many new artists thanks to this eclectic mix. Kudos to BOC - they have immaculate taste.

• Like 5
  • Burger 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah when I think of the best of 2019 I still instantly think of this + Aquaphoria, and struggle to think of much really "new" music this year.

And I think both the piano track near the beginning and the thing around 90 minutes that sounds like Vangelis asleep at the wheel of his Blade Runner setup are still unidentified.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2019 at 3:07 AM, manmower said:

Yeah when I think of the best of 2019 I still instantly think of this + Aquaphoria

Totally missed Aquaphoria, def going to check out after seeing the tracklist

On 1/14/2020 at 10:09 AM, thumbass said:

hmm reddit isnt really a legitimate source for information like that though lol (not that watmm is but hey)

Reddit is no different than here.  Just a bunch of uninformed fans takes stabs in the dark!

It is odd though that this track hasn't been identified.  It doesn't strike me as some deep cut of library music so you'd think it would have been identified by now.

• 3 months later...