IGNORED

Societas x Tape

manmower

This mix still brings me to the brink of wetting myself every time, it’s so good. What’s the most “recognizable” song on here? Probably Devo or Colourbox? Outside of that I didn’t recognize anything on it when it aired. Just the absolute deepest of deep cuts. I’ll be listening to this for a very long time.

Brings me back to fond memories too, warp 30 was happening the week before we had our first child. Seems like both yesterday and an eternity ago. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Friendly Stranger said:

This mix still brings me to the brink of wetting myself every time, it’s so good. What’s the most “recognizable” song on here? Probably Devo or Colourbox? Outside of that I didn’t recognize anything on it when it aired.

For most people Slave to the Rhythm / Just an Illusion probably?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Seriously, so fucking good. I love how it's playful at just the right times, in between all the amazing tunes. 

One year on, this Warp30xNTS thing still gets me excited to revisit these sets and the box (I know that there are mixed feelings about that, but I love it). I hadn't looked forward to something like that in so damn long, it felt like a seasonally inverted Christmas. 

• 3 months later...

The person behind this strange private press synth song has commented and replied in the YT comments

His name is Vaughn Hemingway and he's still making music. His website is fucking amazing and not changed much in layout or aesthetics since 1996 though he still updates it. While his recent YT posts indicate he makes the kind of rock you'd expect from a boomer hobbyist his music player on the website has a lot of similar DIY synth tunes. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, joshuatxuk said:

The person behind this strange private press synth song has commented and replied in the YT comments

His name is Vaughn Hemingway and he's still making music. His website is fucking amazing and not changed much in layout or aesthetics since 1996 though he still updates it. While his recent YT posts indicate he makes the kind of rock you'd expect from a boomer hobbyist his music player on the website has a lot of similar DIY synth tunes. 

Holy shit! I mean, that’s what I’m saying. How does BoC find this stuff?

Here's a link to the website

https://www.vaughns.com/

I think BoC is sitting on a lot of private press /DIY new age and experimental stuff from the 70s and 80s. Poke around ultravillage and you'll see a lot of stuff they'd likely love. This one in particular is a good example, I posted about it here

• Like 3

On 10/4/2020 at 2:53 AM, joshuatxuk said:

Here's a link to the website

https://www.vaughns.com/

I think BoC is sitting on a lot of private press /DIY new age and experimental stuff from the 70s and 80s. Poke around ultravillage and you'll see a lot of stuff they'd likely love. This one in particular is a good example, I posted about it here

this website is amazing lol

I've also thought I had a pretty good, eclectic taste until I heard the Societas x Tape. 

Apart from Slave To The Rhythm, everything was new to me. 

I was well and truly humbled.

• Like 1

On 10/4/2020 at 6:43 AM, joshuatxuk said:

The intro here sounds pretty similar to the one in "on a rolling sea" (old tunes 2). The melody at 1:14 reminds me of the intro in "we've started up" and the secondary melody during "bocuma". The smashing sound in this song is also in "we've started up".

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...