manmower

Societas x Tape

5 hours ago, playbynumbers said:

I'm sort of annoyed that BoC has released one album in the past 13 years, and that it was their worst album.  a proper new release would have been nice.

Blasphemy 

9 hours ago, prdctvsm said:

Is this (or is there anywhere) a 'direct from stream' rip (i.e. not been re-retranscoded)

Damn, what an idiot - Knew about the 'lion' site since last weekend but for some reason assumed it was transcoded recordings. Thank you 🙂

On 6/26/2019 at 5:23 PM, apriorion said:

https://www.nts.live/shows/elena-colombi

Sorry for the misspelling: Elena Colombi. I always either misspell her first name or last name when I'm telling friends about her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love her Colombi Sequence work. Level 17 was ace.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, mcbpete said:

Damn, what an idiot - Knew about the 'lion' site since last weekend but for some reason assumed it was transcoded recordings. Thank you 🙂

Is that site disgusting with salsa? :dadjoke:

I think I've listened to the whole thing 5 or 6 times now and the Slave to the Rhythm / Just an Illusion prank still makes me chuckle.

please please please release this in 320 or flac

While I'd love for Max and Angus to leak this in 32-bit float I'm also kind of fine without it, I mean if a capture of the 128 kbps MP3 broadcast ends up being the definitive version then so be it.

Had a look at the most complete tracklists around, I notice the soundtracky sections from 1:30:00 to the "fretless bass" track haven't been identified either. Anyone else hear Blade Runner blues in the part from 1:32:20 onwards?

• Like 1

I have a complete rip of the show recorded in FLAC with all Metadata Tags and artwork. Obviously it's still a 128kbps at heart but I made a FLAC recording for prosperity. I also edited out the four or five seconds of silence at around the 1hour 28min mark using Fission.

Message me if you want a copy.

On 6/25/2019 at 11:22 PM, Friendly Stranger said:

Oh one other comment - I got major “Jeremiah Sand” (of the film Mandy) vibes w that second to last track. Which of course loved and marked out hard for.

Yeah, I've seen that movie. Isn't there a bit around the 25 or 26 min mark where someone says 'I want that girl." Isn't that Jeremiah Sand from 'Mandy'? Maybe I need to go back and watch the movie again.

13 hours ago, fumi said:

Obviously it's still a 128kbps at heart but I made a FLAC recording for prosperity

FLAC doesn't make sense if the original was 128 kbps 

Transcoding, though. 

I don't endorse the video title but those dancing dwarfs get two thumbs up.

The track at 1:32:10 is my jam. Could listen to those lovely phasing drones for hours ....

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mcbpete said:

The track at 1:32:10 is my jam. Could listen to those lovely phasing drones for hours ....

Same here 🙂 That was such an uplifting moment live

On 6/30/2019 at 5:42 PM, chronical said:
On 6/30/2019 at 5:30 PM, mcbpete said:

Same here 🙂 That was such an uplifting moment live

that nts live chat was rlly craze

On 6/30/2019 at 2:18 AM, manmower said:

I don't endorse the video title but those dancing dwarfs get two thumbs up.

Agreed; it's (probably) not a new track but nice to see they found the video Boards lifted the Societas artwork from...

I did as well. Thanks!

Yep, £17 for a 12" isn't madness at all. Luckily I can pick this fucker up from Phonica and save on the shipping at least. I'm just a slave to an illusion (or something).

Posted (edited)

it's a good mix, i'm not angry since I thought BoC were herding goats on a mountainside, pausing every so often to blow into a horn made of an elk antler to summon representatives for all creatures of the forest so that the elves don't impose their un-diplomatic and otherworldly views on the townfolk and cause a rift in the council of wood whispering elders. 

Edited by Candiru
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3