IGNORED

Today: WARP30 / Live from NTS London

pera

19 hours ago, MadameChaos said:

so I missed the entirety of this (yay me!). do any of your kind sirs have a recording I could download? (all of it)

17 hours ago, ambergonk said:

Same. I missed the entire Warp 30 broadcast over the weekend, hearing it by name only. Hadn't realized what it actually was until about an hour ago because I'm a stupids.

If you read the comments on the video, you can live the whole weekend again:

15 hours ago, StephenG said:

Do you mean new as in... new? Or unreleased?

They all sound old to me, 1998 -2006ish?

no way, this is fresh. continuation of what he was doing with the damogen rig/system. it sounds 1998-2006 coz it's sounding like proper squarepusher ?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, bitchroast said:

no way, this is fresh. continuation of what he was doing with the damogen rig/system. it sounds 1998-2006 coz it's sounding like proper squarepusher ?

Sounds Venus no 17-esque to me, but either way I’m pumped for a release of this stuff. 

It has also also inspired me to start up a Squarepusher binge — I haven’t really listened to any of his stuff since Damogen came out. Forgot how much I love Music is Rotted...

49 minutes ago, Extralife said:

Sounds Venus no 17-esque to me, but either way I’m pumped for a release of this stuff. 

It has also also inspired me to start up a Squarepusher binge — I haven’t really listened to any of his stuff since Damogen came out. Forgot how much I love Music is Rotted...

Here's 3 squarepusher megamizes spanning most of his stuff:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Extralife said:

Yeah, I think (possibly) some of the original melodies/breaks from the Venus 17/Breezeblock era but fed through his V4 (or whatever) system. . . actually get a real "Breezeblock" feel from all this stuff (insofar as it a)sounds like OG []< mental fuckery and b)has me more hyped for Squarepusher than I have been in ages)

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, phudoshin said:

Here's 3 squarepusher megamizes spanning most of his stuff:

Thanks!

edit: oh wait, unavailable ?

Edited by Extralife

31 minutes ago, T3551ER said:

Yeah, I think (possibly) some of the original melodies/breaks from the Venus 17/Breezeblock era but fed through his V4 (or whatever) system. . . actually get a real "Breezeblock" feel from all this stuff (insofar as it a)sounds like OG []< mental fuckery and b)has me more hyped for Squarepusher than I have been in ages)

The fact that it has full on amenry almost throughout should be a good sign it's archive material. 

He has said in a few interviews that he wouldn't be returning to that sound, no? Unless he had a sudden change of heart.

Edited by StephenG

3 hours ago, StephenG said:

The fact that it has full on amenry almost throughout should be a good sign it's archive material. 

He has said in a few interviews that he wouldn't be returning to that sound, no? Unless he had a sudden change of heart.

Yeah, that's why I think it's prob a mix of older material but fed through his new(er) sound mangling software? He does seem to break out the acid/DNB goodness for the Warp festivities (IIRC Warp 20 stuff was similarly "old school" pusher even tho his subsequent album output was nothing like it)

Either way ?:music:

Edited by T3551ER
  • Like 1

def feels like old and new stuff . Im pretty sure there were some from the other "vault" show he did a few years ago (i forget what show that was).

it also sounded like He dipped into one of the three or four "ROME" tracks that weve always wondered about (one of the less popular ones)

Lets break Squarepushers set-list down:

Doesn't sound like any live-bass slappery here by the way. and he's definitely mixing tracks together

Somebody mentioned some tracks were like Go Plastic but i really don't think so at all. More like Venus-17 in general - i wish though

Based on source: http://uk.thelion.me/nts/

*played before otherwise "new"
1.  00:50 - 4:25  : Sounds newish to me -  rolling bass hits, acid action 
2.  04:24 - 7:20  : Synth line comes in with stabs and new lower key drum loops, chirrper acid, bass line stays same as (1)
3:  07:20 - 10:36 : *2004-6 era previously played chirppy acid track with bass stabs and newer sounds 
4:  10:36 - 14:10 : Bit of digital jamming here i think - nice overdriven sounds 
5:  14:10 - 17:50 : *Warp20 track- new acid line - excellent jungle loops
6:  17:50 - 20:50 : More bassy acid goodness with fab drums and phats bass stab melody
7:  20:50 - 25:20 : *2004-6 era previously played chirppy acid track - new acid line
8:  25:20 - 29:05 : Venus-17 style junglist track with those alarms and gorgeous acid bass staps
9:  29:05 - 32:45 : *Warp20 track- classic pusher acid techno - the ghostly synth underneath comes through very nice
10: 32:45 - 38:30 :  Dirty junglist track w/ those alarms, acid stabs and a kinda Vocoded acid element - kinda Damogen style
                     Haunting synth melody comes in at the end and mixes with next track
11: 38:30 - 44:17 : Dancefloor killer -  Banging drums and dark synths n stabs - Set highlight and total crowd-pleaser i  would say! Stone cold classic - Lets hope for an album of this... Damogen F/ Venus 17 style
12: 44:17 - 48:28 : Acid tinged melody track - Hello Everything style maybe?

Suck eggs. This mix is off the map mate. Pearsquisher squeezes the finest juice from his pear presser, and delivers the fruit juice!

Though usually pears have a PH level from 5.0 to 7.5 which makes them rather neutral (as compared to a lime or a lemon) Mr Jenkinson seems to have a rare kind of pear, which when harvested from his bountiful orchard of acid bombs, are just the perfect ticket to acid utopia. 

Squish the Pear. Push the Square. And worship The Beast Mix.

Hmmm a few beers and few glasses of wine on a sunny afternoon, it's all good!

Edited by beer badger
  • Like 2

On 6/28/2019 at 9:19 PM, phudoshin said:

Based on source: http://uk.thelion.me/nts/

*played before otherwise "new"
1.  00:50 - 4:25  : Sounds newish to me -  rolling bass hits, acid action 
2.  04:24 - 7:20  : Synth line comes in with stabs and new lower key drum loops, chirrper acid, bass line stays same as (1)
3:  07:20 - 10:36 : *2004-6 era previously played chirppy acid track with bass stabs and newer sounds 
4:  10:36 - 14:10 : Bit of digital jamming here i think - nice overdriven sounds 
5:  14:10 - 17:50 : *Warp20 track- new acid line - excellent jungle loops
6:  17:50 - 20:50 : More bassy acid goodness with fab drums and phats bass stab melody
7:  20:50 - 25:20 : *2004-6 era previously played chirppy acid track - new acid line
8:  25:20 - 29:05 : Venus-17 style junglist track with those alarms and gorgeous acid bass staps
9:  29:05 - 32:45 : *Warp20 track- classic pusher acid techno - the ghostly synth underneath comes through very nice
10: 32:45 - 38:30 :  Dirty junglist track w/ those alarms, acid stabs and a kinda Vocoded acid element - kinda Damogen style
                     Haunting synth melody comes in at the end and mixes with next track
11: 38:30 - 44:17 : Dancefloor killer -  Banging drums and dark synths n stabs - Set highlight and total crowd-pleaser i  would say! Stone cold classic - Lets hope for an album of this... Damogen F/ Venus 17 style
12: 44:17 - 48:28 : Acid tinged melody track - Hello Everything style maybe?

do you have examples/links/timestamps/etc. for these tracks ?

Edited by bitchroast