IGNORED

Clark - Kiri Variations

Dpek

Final conclusion of this album is that it's a good modern classical album but it's not anything revolutionary. It's just more ambient Clark. 

I want some new bangers clark plzz

He still doesn't deserve the dislike he's getting here

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't dislike him, still play older material of his on the reg. But it seems like many members aren't a fan of his trajectory over the last several releases (kinda like Flylo in a way).

Entitled lot of cnts aren't we? :rolleyes:

6 hours ago, StephenG said:

I don't dislike him, still play older material of his on the reg. But it seems like many members aren't a fan of his trajectory over the last several releases (kinda like Flylo in a way).

Entitled lot of cnts aren't we? :rolleyes:

The problem is that I think many of you just chose that side without really pay attention on the latest releases, I'l just post post two tracks recently released and I suggest to listen them with open heart ?

I'm not that much into 130 bpm too maybe, but this is by far some of the more interesting stuff I discovered in this style! Peace ?

9 hours ago, Lachesi said:

The problem is that I think many of you just chose that side without really pay attention on the latest releases, I'l just post post two tracks recently released and I suggest to listen them with open heart ?

I'm not that much into 130 bpm too maybe, but this is by far some of the more interesting stuff I discovered in this style! Peace ?

Yes! Tracks like these are fk amazing. 

30 minutes ago, MIXL2 said:

those sound p decent actually, gonna have take the time to listen to some new clark at some point..

Flame Rave ep, Death Peak and his S/T album are all great but different from old Clark

Serbian Daffodil, Naomi Pleen, Open Foe, Corroded Hymnal, Snowbird, The Pining part 1, 2, 3, Broken Kite Footage, Peak Magnetic, Hoova and Slap Drones

This starts off one of my Spotify playlists, such a super selection of tunes imo. I'm not a huge a Clarke fan but if you go looking you can find some gems. 

1 hour ago, beer badger said:

Serbian Daffodil, Naomi Pleen, Open Foe, Corroded Hymnal, Snowbird, The Pining part 1, 2, 3, Broken Kite Footage, Peak Magnetic, Hoova and Slap Drones

This starts off one of my Spotify playlists, such a super selection of tunes imo. I'm not a huge a Clarke fan but if you go looking you can find some gems. 

Snowbird is fk beautiful

On 7/28/2019 at 7:14 PM, Dpek said:

This release is OK. I enjoyed it. Nothing special, but also not downright bad.

But I would expect it from another artist. It has some Clark-ian traits, but let's be honest, this is a collection of semi-acoustic, kind-of-ambient tunes.

I don't know why Clark doesn't use another pseudonym. Christopher Clark would be more than fitting for this release. I understand that he wants to enforce his brand as a monumental jack-of-all-trades name, but in my opinion something like Kiri Variations as one of the main releases of his catalogue only dilutes the power of his legendary albums like Body Riddle or Totem's Flare. Artists change, of course, but this is again something completely different than his previous release, which was again something completely different than before, etc...

Artist creates for himself but also for fans. There should be some continuity, or at least a clear change of sound in the wholesome image (name, a PR text, something). Clark, who because of his fans had his own sub-forum!, gets just 2 pages for his new album. This should mean something.

Somehow I agree but I wonder why I did not mind Tipper doing TipHop under his same artistname while I mind with Clark.

I wounder if its about quality. This release just doesn't hold quality to what he did in the past as its just loops produced for a stage play. He does not use his trademark style on the soundtracks so it does not really fit and feels like he developed a certain style for years and then dropped it completely as if he was somehow annoyed by the scene and wanted to do something completely different after moving to berlin.  I am ok with it but it also diminished his production standards which is weird as you would assume someone who archived a certain level would keep on progressing. 

Artists like Trentemoeller and Deadbeat went into the same kind of low after abandoning their very individual style for a strait paint by numbers aesthetics 

On 8/20/2019 at 3:20 PM, o00o said:

Somehow I agree but I wonder why I did not mind Tipper doing TipHop under his same artistname while I mind with Clark.

I wounder if its about quality. This release just doesn't hold quality to what he did in the past as its just loops produced for a stage play. He does not use his trademark style on the soundtracks so it does not really fit and feels like he developed a certain style for years and then dropped it completely as if he was somehow annoyed by the scene and wanted to do something completely different after moving to berlin.  I am ok with it but it also diminished his production standards which is weird as you would assume someone who archived a certain level would keep on progressing. 

Artists like Trentemoeller and Deadbeat went into the same kind of low after abandoning their very individual style for a strait paint by numbers aesthetics 

I dont remember people being so negative towards The Last Panthers though, it was the same type of album as this. I personally find Kiri Variations the more interesting album out of the two.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/22/2019 at 11:09 PM, thumbass said:

I dont remember people being so negative towards The Last Panthers though, it was the same type of album as this. I personally find Kiri Variations the more interesting album out of the two.

BUT the last panthers was way more Warpey 

(?)

41 minutes ago, Lachesi said:

BUT the last panthers was way more Warpey 

(?)

Hm I don't really see that. How so?

He said he's making some new studio work as well, hopefully it's on Warp

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/10/2019 at 7:33 PM, thumbass said:

He'll be performing at Mira festival this year with some new material. It isn't going to be livestremed though.

Edit: Why am I posting this on the album thread

ye was thinking that going. floating points would be incredible too

shame mira festival is on the same date 

• 3 months later...

Archived