IGNORED

Warp Tapes WAV

leterel

what is strange is how much I prefer these demos (especially the second session) to Incunabula or trirepetae. There is often here a fluid sense of hypnosis that often touches on the disorientation that, historicizing and contextualizing, I find close to 2001's liveset. As strange as it may seem.

autechre: thanks.

12 minutes ago, Draft78 said:

what is strange is how much I prefer these demos (especially the second session) to Incunabula or trirepetae. There is often here a fluid sense of hypnosis that often touches on the disorientation that, historicizing and contextualizing, I find close to 2001's liveset. As strange as it may seem.

autechre: thanks.

i think incunabula was curated and arranged by warp but amber/tri onward the band had more direct involvement in the tracks/arrangements. 

one thing i've wondered is... is there a possibility these mixes were not done by autechre? i can half imagine them being handled by hanal or vlari or someone from that kind of gescom-adjacent crew. but the lack of clarification infers that it was autechre themselves. 

I was wondering if maybe they made a mix tape themselves of themselves but recently? It’s just way too fluid to have been like that. And if it was, well, fuck. They are immortal.

16 minutes ago, bitchroast said:

i think incunabula was curated and arranged by warp but amber/tri onward the band had more direct involvement in the tracks/arrangements. 

one thing i've wondered is... is there a possibility these mixes were not done by autechre? i can half imagine them being handled by hanal or vlari or someone from that kind of gescom-adjacent crew. but the lack of clarification infers that it was autechre themselves. 

it's possible ... but being such a representative thing, I can also imagine Rob Booth working in person at the mix. Among other things, I believe that the individual tracks, as them are in the demos, do not have this imposing rate of polyrhythm: it is a fact that has developed subsequently, and I imagine it can be justified by the overlapping of several pieces together. Anyway, I feel full like this: I don't think that the demos, individually, can reach this level of involvement

They totally mixed it themselves.  Mixing is child's play, 1-d chess to Shan and Ren.  Doubters check out the '08 BBC Experimental MAH mix.

I thought part of the story with Inacoonadavida was that there was pressure, either explicit or implied, for the release to fit in with the aesthetic of the greater Artificial Intelligence series, no?  Maybe warp were hands-on, though I think it's just as possible that the 'chre wanted to go with the tide of their new label in order to keep a good thing going.  IIRC to one of them mentioned in AAA that if it wasn't for whatever coin they got for the Buck-Tick remix, the whole operation would've gone tits up.  Knife's edge shit right there.

I too am oddly fascinated at how both dese mixes clock in at exactly 1 hr (to the 1/1000 of a second), much like how all 4 NTS sessions were precisely 2 hrs

Edited by BobDobalina
bitch-ass hoes

This last 2 weeks of June is just an insane period for new music releases. I love this one, already listened several times since the live broadcast.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Alcofribas said:

I’m getting into autechre (“ae”) is this a good place to start?

Considering it's some of their earliest stuff, it's a logical place to start! Lego Feet too. I'm a dweeb and think going through their material chronologically enriches the experience and appreciation for what they do. The development and evolution in sound is something to behold and there really isn't any parallel. /fanboy

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1