IGNORED

Warp Tapes WAV

leterel

7 hours ago, valleyinaire said:

how is everyone storing this bad boi in their libraries? yall splitting it all into individual tracks, or keeping the two parts intact?

IMG_20190626_202603.jpg

? love these tracks, really fun stuff

Edited by eryngi
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Burger 2
  • Farnsworth 3

1 hour ago, Amen Warrior said:

Wish Autechre had carried on making tunes like this, and not switched to making ones that sound like someone trying to fix a broken clock while having an MRI scan

If anybody then ae did it right, with the right balance of new, of old, of deeply emotional, of complex...

imo

p.s. Greatest geniuses in history of art never went extreme from the mainstream. The greatest in film was Kubrick imo, and ppl usually wonder what is so progressive and “genius” in his work? Or what’s so genius in Beethoven’s 3rd symphony? Even ppl that understand classical music would say “...is not that much different from his 2nd and Mozart had better melodies”. But it’s the greatest jump in our known western music. Same as ae, looks like they’re just of many but they’re millions miles apart from everyone else. 

#aefanboy

Edited by xox
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Listening to pt 2 in the sunshine.. so fucking good!

I know it might be bit of honeymoon period gushing but seriously think this might be one of the best 1hr of Ae in their whole discog..

I love pt1 as well, but yeah pt2 is the one ❤️

• Like 2

4 hours ago, darreichungsform said:

I wish people stopped calling ae IDM

Warp Tapes sound fun but I prefer their new stuff by a tenfold. I guess Warp30 was the right format to release this stuff though

OneSix soundboards when?

I also hope that AE will free from IDM, and in general from gender definitions.

I count on the fact that these tapes (which in any case surprised me for a complexity that I would have said unthinkable for those times) and the fact that are a free download, are the forerunner for onesix: Autechre, we would be ready for the instant buy ...

ps: darreinchungsform: Nvunk is fucking great

There’s cca 7 millons definitions of what idm is so it’s impossible for ae to free themselves from it cause what ever they do someone will call it idm^xy

from now on ae is deathfolk

Edited by xox

6 hours ago, darreichungsform said:

I wish people stopped calling ae IDM

Warp Tapes sound fun but I prefer their new stuff by a tenfold. I guess Warp30 was the right format to release this stuff though

OneSix soundboards when?

It's always just been techno to me really

• Like 1

so i listened to this and it's pretty cool and so i checked out more from these guys (autechre) and what happened it's just like random beats? no human, just computer sounds. i don't understand it because i love warmth and melodies. did something happen to them?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Burger 3
  • Farnsworth 1