IGNORED

Warp Tapes WAV

leterel

• 2 weeks later...

"Ae back to basics" sorta right ... I mean, Warp Tapes 89-93 might not be an official release, but its one none-the-less. Very thankful to them -- these are some nice tracks!

Sorry if this has been brought up but you all reckon that 'YouTube sound collection playlist' might have some connection with the stuff they were doing back then? (and so with this release?) like maybe it was their sample library from back then?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Me too, both are great!

Still caning the shit outta 'em :music: (you know I has to do it, especially in the whip), criminally underdiscussed. Mixing is ace, flows impenetrable.  Definitely arranged and processed by Shah and Raj to perfection as always.

What's sad is if this were some fancypants vinyl release (u know, instead of a free downloaf Gift-to-the-fans™) thread would be about 2x long w/ unboxing videos and various bitchings about some minor defect in the pressing or a bent corner in the sleeve. 

The track in session 1 that runs from 33:50 - 41:00 is too good.  The relentless hats work some trance inducing magic and the melody is sublime.  Also someone conveniently uploaded the thang for when im at work..

• Like 1

I downloaded this hours after it was posted, but completely forgot to listen until I was stuck at home a month later, wisdom teeth freshly extracted from a swollen bleeding mouth and nothing for me to do with myself really except blast tunes and play video games.

With a double dosage of percocet starting to kick in, what proceeded was pure magic, I was not properly strapped in for the rich and entrancing pleasure these two hours had in store for me.  Fucking.  Perfect.

worth forgetting to listen to, I wonder if this will still be my favorite 'chre when the 'cet wears off.

When 33:50 (pt1) came on, all I could do is close my eyes and drool in a blood swirled state of bliss.

Edited by alchemical
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...
On 6/28/2019 at 4:11 AM, Amen Warrior said:

Wish Autechre had carried on making tunes like this, and not switched to making ones that sound like someone trying to fix a broken clock while having an MRI scan

I second that.  This is arguably the best music they ever made IMO.  I honestly don't like much that they did after the 90's and their earliest material is the best....first few releases.  For me, over complexity has no place in music and only serves as a sort of novelty and takes away from/dilutes any real substance that might be present or potentially created.  I find that younger more inexperienced listeners are highly impressed by said novelty as is the case with many of the members of this and the Aphex Twin message boards.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 4

9 minutes ago, killabyte11 said:

I second that.  This is arguably the best music they ever made IMO.  I honestly don't like much that they did after the 90's and their earliest material is the best....first few releases.  For me, over complexity has no place in music and only serves as a sort of novelty and takes away from/dilutes any real substance that might be present or potentially created.  I find that younger more inexperienced listeners are highly impressed by said novelty as is the case with many of the members of this and the Aphex Twin message boards.

I don't see overcomplexity in their newer work, just a logical evolution of their older stuff and it's developing exactly into the right direction. Maybe you appreciate their 90s stuff more because you were young at that age plus it's a lot more accessible and followable. Would be a shame if they still made the same kind of tracks

• Burger 2

12 minutes ago, killabyte11 said:

spacer.png

sincerely someone who is neither young, nor inexperienced at listening 

• Burger 1

I love their early stuff, LP5, Exai, and various stuff throughout their discography, but I don't really get down with whole albums from 2000 onward. Like Draft 7.30 has some real bangers but I don't love the whole thing. AE is like that. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, killabyte11 said:

so trendy and experienced post

23 hours ago, darreichungsform said:

I don't see overcomplexity in their newer work, just a logical evolution of their older stuff and it's developing exactly into the right direction. Maybe you appreciate their 90s stuff more because you were young at that age plus it's a lot more accessible and followable. Would be a shame if they still made the same kind of tracks

True, some of their new stuff is just too random and structure-less for me.  It just sounds like the audio equivalent of modern art (which I hate).  a splotch of paint on a blue canvas etc..  I saw Autechre live in 99' and it was amazing.  Saw them a couple years ago and it honestly just sounded like any random set you might here from a guy noodling with his modular set up....completely disjointed and unstructured bleeps and bloops.  But I stand by my observation that younger people are really impressed by over the top complexity.  I used to be a little like that myself at one point.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 4

3 minutes ago, killabyte11 said:

True, some of their new stuff is just too random and structure-less for me.  It just sounds like the audio equivalent of modern art (which I hate).  a splotch of paint on a blue canvas etc..  I saw Autechre live in 99' and it was amazing.  Saw them a couple years ago and it honestly just sounded like any random set you might here from a guy noodling with his modular set up....completely disjointed and unstructured bleeps and bloops.  But I stand by my observation that younger people are really impressed by over the top complexity.  I used to be a little like that myself at one point.

Yeah, young people are more easily impressed. Still, to me it does sound extremely structured and thought out. Maybe it's just my brain projecting order onto the chaos but somehow I think there actually is a lot of structure be it a bit more elaborate than in the old days. Seen them in '16 and it blew my mind

• Like 1