IGNORED

Weirdly Specific DIY Books

Joyrex

Ah yeah the bus stops are phenomenal. We had a couple of these in our hometown, some of them are designed in this sort of futuristic brutalist architecture, some are just crazy outlandish. They really went out of their way with those bus stops in the USSR. Sadly I haven't seen any in bigger cities like Moscow or Saint-P, and most of them are located along intercity roads in my experience as a russian. It's also sad that they're decaying and no one gives a damn, some are demolished... 

Worth a look.

spacer.png

Edited by Guest

On 6/28/2019 at 10:46 PM, lickneonlights said:

Ah yeah the bus stops are phenomenal. We had a couple of these in our hometown, some of them are designed in this sort of futuristic brutalist architecture, some are just crazy outlandish. They really went out of their way with those bus stops in the USSR. Sadly I haven't seen any in bigger cities like Moscow or Saint-P, and most of them are located along intercity roads in my experience as a russian. It's also sad that they're decaying and no one gives a damn, some are demolished... 

Worth a look.

spacer.png

soviet busstops for most idm 2019

18 hours ago, MIXL2 said:

soviet busstops for most idm 2019

Do they actually have a public bus service to any of these awesome stops though.  Imagine waiting 4 weeks for a bus in a remote part of Siberia....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a smallish section of Loompanics Unlimited books in my library, there's some seriously specific books on various outré subjects like Backyard Catapults: How To Build Your Own, Sex Crimes Investigation, Surviving In Prison, Sell Yourself to Science, Curious Punishments of Bygone Days etc. I used to be on Loompanics' mailing list, even the mail order catalogs are collectable. There's a metric crapton of interesting stuff, I would really like to add to the 20-odd books I have but the most interesting ones are getting a bit pricey already - the drug chemistry books like Secrets of Methamphetamine Manufacture etc. have always commanded higher prices (or anything else by Uncle Fester).

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 7/3/2019 at 6:10 PM, OneToThirtySix said:

I'm confidently certain this is a threadless design by Steve Rhodes:

design image for Let's Start a Cult

design image for Necromancy for Beginners

design image for Deal with the Devil

design image for Let's Have a Seance

I've seen the same one guy wearing the Let's Start a Cult shirt at two different grocery stores in my area.  Now I know where it's from.  Thanks.

• 2 months later...