IGNORED

Bochum Welt - Seafire [Central Processing Unit]

Uros

edit: i see the track chicago came from his early phial EP. but just that track made it somehow onto the bandcamp release of module 2. lol gigi why u always play these games with me

Edited by dr lopez
  • Like 1

"Chicago" is from the Phial EP. How I rinsed and rinsed that track after nabbing the EP from a pre-Napster FTP mine. It slaps 20 years on.

Right, should have refreshed the edit ah well I got to jerk off about it anyway

Edited by xxx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is a beautiful record.  TBH I don't think I've heard much yet that I recognize.   I think that speaks more to me not knowing enough about bw than anything, but good grief is this thing lush. 

Edit:  Ah, well there's one.  Melodie d'Aout - Extended.

Edited by BaggerMcGuirk
  • Like 2

Biting my tongue here but yeah can't hold it...since it was only 8 bucks and change, I said "fuck it" and bought it whole but let's be real, it's probably a $2.75 album if you strip filler. I found myself upset while listening because as lush as he hits, there's a laziness to his tracks. "Mavic1" could really be something big but just letting it toggle between A and B for a couple of minutes...I dunno, simplicity is great but if you're gonna recycle your work ad absurdum, pick a few pearls and really develop them. I do like this album. I shouldn't pick so hard at it. Just lush choons.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I see the old Bochum Welt release got bounced so I guess this should be a thread. I've been using this as bedtime music, pleasant stuff.

https://shop.cpurecords.net/album/seafire

Oh lol. I guess I should've searched. My bad.

Edited by Gocab

Dear Gian, heyyyy old friend listen, my posts are deeply regrettable and boy was I testy! I forgot about how amenable your tracks are to looping so I took a Fall night drive with "Mavic 1" and "More Light" as the loops. With the moon that big and tracks that lush, I sorely regretted everything I had said. Italians do it better. Respectfully, xxx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't agree with the RA reviewer. I like the album, there is a particular sound research, certainly not common in many artists. The tracks are very expressive and warm, overall it's a very nice album. An extended version of Melodie Daout was requested on Bochum Welt's instagram also by Ellen Allien, because the original version was no longer available in digital or vinyl, so I understand why it was added to the album. My favorite tracks are Color Me, At Dawn, Southern England In Summer, Canyon Drive, More Light. Here is a good review by All Music https://www.allmusic.com/album/seafire-mw0003297643

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Christ almighty, I don't think I've ever slept on a release so fucking hard. This is incredible.

Welt's been embarrassingly low on my radar as a IDM legend, I listened to Module 2 years and years ago but never really followed him much. Diving into his discography now. 

6 minutes ago, joshuatxuk said:

Christ almighty, I don't think I've ever slept on a release so fucking hard. This is incredible.

Welt's been embarrassingly low on my radar as a IDM legend, I listened to Module 2 years and years ago but never really followed him much. Diving into his discography now. 

It's godly, I have recently been rediscovered him too.. mentioned it in another thread I think but my fav track by him wasn't uploaded so I did:

• Like 1

Tracklist
A1 - More Light (Radio Edit)
A2 - G1 (Ambient Mix)
A3 - More Light (EOD Mix)
B1 - More Light (James Zabiela Remix)
B2 - Color Me (Telefon Tel Aviv Remix)

• Like 1