IGNORED

Songs by Tramic

I've had some additional time on my hands lately, so I wanted to challenge myself to finish a track a week.  I'm 4 weeks in now, so it sounds like a good time to share some to help keep me motivated.  I'll post additional tracks here for as long as I keep this up.  For now, here are the latest weekly shares:

Week 1:

Week 2:

Week 3:

Week 4:

• Like 2
  • Burger 1

On 7/3/2019 at 10:17 AM, BaggerMcGuirk said:

I've had some additional time on my hands lately, so I wanted to challenge myself to finish a track a week.  I'm 4 weeks in now, so it sounds like a good time to share some to help keep me motivated.  I'll post additional tracks here for as long as I keep this up.  For now, here are the latest weekly shares:

Week 1:

Week 2:

Week 3:

Week 4:

Good stuff. Portal had a  old-school Railway Raver vibe from the Rephlex days in the 90s. Elseworlds sounds almost chillwave like you my ears (I'm terrible with genres). I'm enjoying what I'm hearing.

• 3 weeks later...

pretty nice. not super recognizable as a cover... i haven't listened to saw 2 in criminally long though (i actually like to keep it kind of special and not overplayed though). but i don't think that's it. you've changed enough that this is almost its own thing. anyway, sounds pretty nice.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2019 at 12:29 AM, BaggerMcGuirk said:

Last week I scored an Alpha Juno for $30.  Got home and made a cover of Stone in Focus to celebrate.  

Sounds like the bass isn't playing the root note?

On 7/22/2019 at 8:51 PM, BaggerMcGuirk said:

Weekly schedule fell by the wayside, but I'm happy with this little acid track I made today.

This is nice. Really like the bass pattern.
Mix-wise your drums don't really seem to through at all. I can barely hear the kick when the bass is playing at full blast. The same goes for the snare. Maybe some compression and sidechaining would help you out.
I think the biggest issue is the structure. The build-up around 0:45-0:53 got me excited. I was ready to jump off my seat, but the drums just sorta... well, reappeared.
Also, I think it'd be wise to leave the knobs alone for a couple of seconds here and there because you seem to be twiddling those poor knobs like constantly. Give it some room to breathe before you start modifying the sound.

2 hours ago, Squee said:

Sounds like the bass isn't playing the root note?

Yeah, I picked out the notes on the Stone in Focus cover without consulting a midi file or anything, so it's not a %100 cover.   I sort of realized I had picked out part of the melody and then just started harmonizing.

2 hours ago, Squee said:

This is nice. Really like the bass pattern.
Mix-wise your drums don't really seem to through at all. I can barely hear the kick when the bass is playing at full blast. The same goes for the snare. Maybe some compression and sidechaining would help you out.
I think the biggest issue is the structure. The build-up around 0:45-0:53 got me excited. I was ready to jump off my seat, but the drums just sorta... well, reappeared.
Also, I think it'd be wise to leave the knobs alone for a couple of seconds here and there because you seem to be twiddling those poor knobs like constantly. Give it some room to breathe before you start modifying the sound.

Thanks for the feedback.  I'll take a look and see if I can bring the drums out more.  They have a little compression as-is, but I like the idea of sidechaining.  

And yeah, it's hard not to fiddle when I feel like I have a good bassline going.  If anything, I cut out some parts where I felt the track was getting repetitive.   I think I'll take another pass at this one...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Liked Terrible Lizard but in my opinion the kick is too silent. And I am even hearing it with my headphones on which boosts the kick...

But composition wise it is very good!

Good job!

Thanks for taking a listen.  Funny enough this is the last track on my old monitoring setup, so I'll play it again on my new speakers to listen for the (lack of) kick.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BaggerMcGuirk said:

Thanks for taking a listen.  Funny enough this is the last track on my old monitoring setup, so I'll play it again on my new speakers to listen for the (lack of) kick.  

I can be wrong offcourse, have not listened thru speakers either, but for my own songs I know it boosts the kick a lot. So I need, when mixing and mastering with my headphones, turn the kick up a bit too loud, for it to be good on my speakers.

Against the end of the day that problem should be solved, getting some new headphones that have neutral sound thingy. Hope they will help me...

• Like 1

I like reflexes a lot. Container not so much, a bit to much (reverb I think?) on one of the instruments. I know you tried to create an effect there but I did not like it. Maybe other people will like it, its more a personal thing so no worries.