Reflexes is cool. 80s vibe. Dig it. Like those claps reminds me of Dead or Alive lol.

What is great is that you're making these in rapid succession. I guess its a perk from social distancing. I like all of these tracks but probably make the kicks little louder and bring up the hats a tiny tiny bit on portal 505 and elseworlds to make it more stable, esp. the closed hats. I have my volume at adequate range to hear the song, and i feel like the hats are drowned out by the other elements in the song. Don't make it too bright and dissonant though, still try to achieve the bassiness of the songs. Overall, this is very good. I like mixes between ambient and acid and dnb. Very eclectic, makes me feel energetic.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/23/2020 at 11:05 PM, BaggerMcGuirk said:

Some dino-fishy jungle. 

Well dope. Lovely subtle ravey chords and awesome breaks. Dig it.

• Thanks 1
On 4/24/2020 at 12:05 AM, BaggerMcGuirk said:

Some dino-fishy jungle. 

I like this one. Very nice atmosphere. Almost feels like there is too much variation on the breaks and melody, might have been enough to just let the loop exist more by itself.

• Like 1
On 7/26/2020 at 1:00 PM, e-mertz said:

I like this one. Very nice atmosphere. Almost feels like there is too much variation on the breaks and melody, might have been enough to just let the loop exist more by itself.

Thanks for the feedback.  I got a similar note on one of my acid tracks, and I think I need to maybe pump the breaks a bit on the variation overall.  

Actually going to go the opposite here. I quite like the variation, think you could even do more to break it up by adding a bridge section  (just a thought) - though I'm extremely ADD so I like a lot of activity. 

Oh also wanted to say that the goal of finishing a track a week is inspiring. Recently been chatting with a variety of people about this (working on quantity as a method of continual improvment vs getting stuck on one ot two tracks .. or even just the idea of one or two tracks but not doing anything). Anyway, just wanted to say props and the results here show that this is a good approach. 

Oh also also: my father taught me a poem when I was a kid you want to hear it? 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm backing tessier on this... I certainly don't think this has too much variability at all . More edits would improve this as a track to my ears at least, but it depends on what you're going for obviously .

For me the extreme stereo field edits were a bit overdone and could have been combined with some other things . Overall tho really tidy and well mixed ... There was a little bit of bass distortion on my athm70s in that first part and that also seemed to be hard panned. I liked the introduction of the signal noise too as a break , gave me some zuli vibes 

• Like 1
On 3/27/2020 at 10:50 PM, BaggerMcGuirk said:

This one is pre-pandemic, but it's better than I remember it.

I really like Container and think it would really work at 130bpm as a simple techno track focused on modular thing bouncing around and the big reverb for bedding

• Like 1
1 hour ago, cooliofranco said:

I really like Container and think it would really work at 130bpm as a simple techno track focused on modular thing bouncing around and the big reverb for bedding

Too slow imo but sounds cool.

• Like 1