IGNORED

We Are The Music Makers | Volume Two (PLANNING & DISCUSSION)

Joyrex

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, xox said:

Why is this dead?! 
Aren’t we watmm?!

I honestly don't have the time right now to manage something like this... I'd love to do it, but despite working from home and no more commute, I'm busier than ever!

If I do get a window of opportunity though, I will go forward with it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joyrex said:

I honestly don't have the time right now to manage something like this... I'd love to do it, but despite working from home and no more commute, I'm busier than ever!

If I do get a window of opportunity though, I will go forward with it!

Will you be busy in 4 months time? Start the open call for submissions now and see what rolls in.... 

• Burger 1

3 hours ago, Soloman Tump said:

Will you be busy in 4 months time? Start the open call for submissions now and see what rolls in.... 

Hard to say - whenever I find free time, something invariably comes up to fill that void! I hope so. Maybe I just should just push forward and make it happen!

• Like 2

I can't possibly assume to know just how busy you are, I don't have kids so that alone affords me a lot more extra time for creative projects. But I do have a few friends and colleagues with kids and they all agree with the general slogan that: "no one has time, you have to find a way to make time". 

This is obviously easier said than done and sometimes we enter into periods where it really is impossible. But I think that spending say, 30-60min a week on a project is better than no time at all.

Again, I don't know your situation, so take this with a grain of salt, just I guess a perspective on staying creative with a busy life. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Volume Two have richard in a pink Too-Too holding a picture of the corona virus with "We Have It Two"

in small letters cos is the Vaccine for Childrens Music hahaha IP 192.66.175.87 phinea pee pees too aheh

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just went ahead and uploaded my submission for this, it's in my sig.  I think it was the last electronic song I ever made and might be the last forever because I just write songs on guitar now.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2020 at 2:09 AM, xox said:

Why watmm is not a label? Fak warp and dream rec! WEEEE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS! Weeeee!

This is a good idea, I’m surprised, honestly. I just assumed you guys had already done several compilations, but yeah- I guess a label on here would be cool. But who would “approve” the content?

49 minutes ago, Himelstein said:

This is a good idea, I’m surprised, honestly. I just assumed you guys had already done several compilations, but yeah- I guess a label on here would be cool. But who would “approve” the content?

The previous volume (released way back in 2004!) was voted on by the community, so a similar approach would likely be taken if we ever do this...

• Thanks 1

Seems like an easy thing to do would be have “contests” like this all the time, create a bandcamp that’s a label, and constantly put out releases. Or- is the fear that it would turn into a huge circle jerk that would already most likely end up in the “recent works” thread?

My thoughts are that people outside watmm would listen. I know from experience that I randomly checked out what you guys were doing over the past 15 years, but wasn’t really online enough to care about creating an acct or posting. But @Braintreegot us all hip to you guys way back then and we dug the site and looked into the artists who posted here. So, I’m sure there are others like that out there.

On 5/24/2021 at 4:54 PM, Himelstein said:

Seems like an easy thing to do would be have “contests” like this all the time, create a bandcamp that’s a label, and constantly put out releases.

That's pretty much what happened here when we still had the yearly Most IDM and Christmas albums - https://cytoplantastic.bandcamp.com/