IGNORED

eczem :: releases

eczem

Greetings!

I released a pair of EPs recently:

https://eczem.bandcamp.com/album/vormaks

---

https://eczem.bandcamp.com/album/veliform

These collections are cut from the same sonic cloth, and are from overlapping sessions: shared tools, synth patches, sequencers, etc...

Most of them have a very realtime and live-jam core to them... and most of them are more static than I would like, structurally. Hopefully they are still interesting, at least for timbre and texture.

Vormaks, in particular, works best with gapless play.

Here are some download codes:

Vormaks:

Spoiler

5vsv-3x5j
bgjr-xq2y
52bw-etsf
8mvc-u2ha
2bgq-ehqb
j6xn-5jh5
7ncv-7yar
vdj7-vuud
fj9d-ypmh
lf2c-7fy5

Veliform:

Spoiler

6mnk-w5z2
kb5t-h3yh
nv7y-jsnv
l953-kdp9
qt7m-6lbt
gu5f-kjs7
yw6v-g6c5
3py7-uklr
a62a-ekvd
rylg-78zc

Thanks for listening,

- E

On 7/6/2019 at 7:17 AM, eczem said:

Greetings!

I released a pair of EPs recently:

https://eczem.bandcamp.com/album/vormaks

---

https://eczem.bandcamp.com/album/veliform

These collections are cut from the same sonic cloth, and are from overlapping sessions: shared tools, synth patches, sequencers, etc...

Most of them have a very realtime and live-jam core to them... and most of them are more static than I would like, structurally. Hopefully they are still interesting, at least for timbre and texture.

Vormaks, in particular, works best with gapless play.

Here are some download codes:

Vormaks:

Reveal hidden contents

5vsv-3x5j
bgjr-xq2y
52bw-etsf
8mvc-u2ha
2bgq-ehqb
j6xn-5jh5
7ncv-7yar
vdj7-vuud
fj9d-ypmh
lf2c-7fy5

Veliform:

Reveal hidden contents

6mnk-w5z2
kb5t-h3yh
nv7y-jsnv
l953-kdp9
qt7m-6lbt
gu5f-kjs7
yw6v-g6c5
3py7-uklr
a62a-ekvd
rylg-78zc

Thanks for listening,

- E

That Vormaks II rhythm is *rad*.

both of these kick major ass, congratulations! feels like you're seriously on to something imo...

if i had to choose i guess i'd go team veliform for its restrainfulness / focus, on the other hand the emo certainly is strong is vomarks.

i agree your work doesn't feel static whatsoever. if anything on the mirco level it's maybe even a tad too busy / dense in places... matter of taste tho.

do go on!

listened to these a lot over the last few weeks, Veliform and now Vormaks releases. very good and deep and rich and endlessly interested tracks. 

also the mixing/mastering/‘polish’ is exceptional. also the sounds lol anyway really good stuff

Thanks for the feedback, seriously.

@ Spi & Stick, damn... humbled and definitely inspires me to keep going.

@ Aux & Darrei:  thanks, I'm never sure about mixing and mastering, and tbh I don't really get the science of it very well. It's been trial and error over the years and I try, as much as possible to listen to my mixes across different speakers. I love texture, and have a very minimilast approach to EQ... so i do worry about ear fatigue for the listener. Still working on it but good to get positive feedback.

@Jaderpansen: I appreciate the kind words and that bit of constructive criticism. It's precisely something I'm interested in developing at the moment... I want more flexibility and dynamics on the macro level and more breathing room at the micro level.

@ Manju ❤️

I'm listening to the Vormaks EP in this spacious building downtown known as "The Atrium" while descending into this:

Both the expansive interior of the building and the infinite symmetry of the fractal abyss pair with it quite well.

Really enjoying the expanding/collapsing metallic textures of Floormax.  No idea how you achieved that effect.  Very cool sound design.

giving this a bump because in talking about it an hour ago i realized i don't even know exactly why i like some of it so much but i definitely do and that's a weird feeling for me so i was curious if anyone else is getting that vibe from it. or am i just weird. i'm weird but this feels like a /different/ kind of weird

been listening to vormaks every night, it rules

it has such a great sense of motion to it all

it sounds like it feels like a stretchy substance.. like it's incredibly visual and evocative.. of..something i don't know what, but anyway i love it

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks Aux, I'm glad you enjoyed those. Feels good to finally get them together as a collection. Drillkicker: thanks about the album art. At some point I wanted to come with something interesting for album art, so a few months before A Gray Hill I started dabbling with 2D/3D computer graphics and visual art stuff.

Archived