IGNORED

Rod Modell - Captagon

kirm

• 2 weeks later...

listened to this a couple times this week, it's pretty nice. feels a little distant but still driving and sorta like it's worming its way closer on each listen. nothing too deep but one of those with enough energy to keep my interest for a while. hints of Vril's Portal and Torus while not quite as offset as his stuff. 

• 2 weeks later...

I think it is indeed mostly because of how fast these tracks are that (to me at least) they have a distinct 90s feel to them. (Yeah, kids, that's how we rolled back then!) Definitely more Chain Reaction than Basic Channel ... My favorite is the Dal Remix of "Jade", but it's CD only.

• 1 year later...

this is a weird one. i like it but it never quite sinks in, never quite reveals itself but also doesn't seem to be terribly mysterious either. sorta sidestepping a lot of expectations but never fully going onto any far tangents or anything either.