Well, this is certainly going to test the limits of our two-tiered justice system!

• Like 2

I would be pleasantly surprised if anything came of this. The list is full of millionaires, billionaires, high ranking politicians and British royalty. They’re above the law. Look what happened with the Panama papers 

• Like 2

Billionaire turns out to be a horrible human. What a surprise!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, DavieAddison said:

I would be pleasantly surprised if anything came of this. The list is full of millionaires, billionaires, high ranking politicians and British royalty. They’re above the law. Look what happened with the Panama papers 

This case is too big to sizzle out, at this point I'd argue. Don't underestimate the impact of events like this. 

It sizzled out years ago. Don't think it will now. Look at Weinstein and the #MeToo movement. Victims are finding a voice nowadays. People can't look away. And there's certainly the scandal-factor. This is a big deal.

Not sure if Panama papers is a good example. Lots of people were impacted. And Deutsche Bank is in the news again. Partly because of those leaks.

edit: panama list of investigations/accusations is f-ing long (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panama_Papers#Allegations,_reactions,_and_investigations)

Edited by goDel

the SDNY is not fucking around here. all this shit is so ugly.  his last slap on the wrist, far from being just irregular, was unprecedented. whatever comes of this i hope all the dirt is aired for once. the connections to trump and others need to be explored. trump and epstein are practically neighbors in palm beach florida. 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/jeffrey-epstein-shouldnt-expect-to-wiggle-free-again-with-sdny-sex-trafficking-charges

• Like 1

Did everyone forget this?

In 1994, Trump went to a party with Jeffrey Epstein, a billionaire who was a notorious registered sex offender, and raped a 13-year-old girl that night in what was a "savage sexual attack," according to a lawsuit filed in June 2016 by "Jane Doe." The account was corroborated by a witness in the suit, who claimed to have watched as the child performed various sexual acts on Trump and Epstein even after the two were advised she was a minor.

"Immediately following this rape Defendant Trump threatened me that, were I ever to reveal any of the details of Defendant Trump's sexual and physical abuse of me, my family and I would be physically harmed if not killed," Jane Doe wrote in the lawsuit, filed in New York.

The lawsuit was dropped in November 2016, just four days before the election, with Jane Doe's attorneys citing "numerous threats" against her.

im not holding my breath but yeah. 

anyway remember when saudi arabia tweeted about doing a 9/11 on canada

Epstein makes Gary Glitter look like a quiet unassuming country gent

im not expecting much from this.

Im guessing the realistic (?) scenario is Epstein gets put in prison for the rest of his life and all the other prominent people who are in his sex videos or in his logs will get their own "sweetheart" deals for their testimony against him.

It would be amazing if all the materials with powerful people were just leaked tho.

52 minutes ago, colunga said:

It would be amazing if all the materials with powerful people were just leaked tho.

2,000 previously sealed pages from the previous case against Epstein were released to various media outlets in the US. Hopefully they do something with it.

• Like 1

i just want dersh to go to prison

• Like 1

this sort of shit is why we need a full scale revolution

Trump seems to support a lot of white guys who like to bang underage girls.

38 minutes ago, drome said:

this sort of shit is why we need a full scale revolution

Yeah, look at all the other shit revolutions fixed. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, BobDobalina said:

Well, this is certainly going to test the limits of our two-tiered justice system!

Edited by joshuatxuk

Posted (edited)

Worst case, and I'm afraid likely scenario - epstein takes the brunt and gets life (by de facto with max sentencing) and ends up like Bernie Madoff - instead of example made and institutional change initiated we just get justice served upon one individual. The still very, very limited scope of investigations and culpability toward the Catholic Chuch abuse and the possible cover-up of those in power involved in sex rings post-Marc_Dutroux trial also comes to mind. 

Regardless this will be revealing to at least a small degree, and there is potential of something more substantive than Mueller with simultaneous investigations into Trump going on in New York regarding tax returns. One can hope and I say let the hammer fall as it may as it will likely indict corrupt establishment Dems as well.

Edited by joshuatxuk

2 hours ago, colunga said:

im not expecting much from this.

Im guessing the realistic (?) scenario is Epstein gets put in prison for the rest of his life and all the other prominent people who are in his sex videos or in his logs will get their own "sweetheart" deals for their testimony against him.

There was - The Panama Papers (remember those?) had tonnes of damning evidence apparently, and has anything come of it?

You might bring down one Carcosa, but the machine rumbles on, the catholic church is still rocking the discotheque

spacer.png

43 minutes ago, cwmbrancity said:

You might bring down one Carcosa, but the machine rumbles on, the catholic church is still rocking the discotheque

spacer.png

coincidentally

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/07/this-is-just-the-tip-of-the-iceberg-six-michigan-priests-charged-with-sex-abuse-and-more-victims-are-calling-police-daily/

‘This is just the tip of the iceberg’: Six Michigan priests charged with sex abuse — and more victims are calling police ‘daily’

Posted (edited)

Silly question probably, but is there any chance the timing of this coincides with evidence pushed out to different authorities from Mueller's investigation? I recall that there were a number of different departments and authorities that were to be contacted to conduct their own investigations following his report. 

Any chance he found something during that investigation linking politicians etc to Epstein and this craziness? (edit: I've not kept up on the Mueller stuff at all, I'm politically inept sorry)

:tinfoilhat:

Edited by StephenG

5 hours ago, Joyrex said:

There was - The Panama Papers (remember those?) had tonnes of damning evidence apparently, and has anything come of it?

at least one journalist involved was assassinated in Malta 

Icelandic PM stepped down and I think there were some other investigations and charges but most of the big players have plugged along, various laws being changed and addressed but it's a gradual effort as is any reform https://www.icij.org/investigations/panama-papers/what-happened-after-the-panama-papers/

it's depressing just how much the public seemed to collectively shrug it shoulders, albeit most people are passively doing so or flat out oblivious to this absurd level of corruption, greed, and deceit - that said the nature of sex trafficing and abuse, especially with minors, does far more to incite public outrage and pressure and for that reason I'm not as pessimistic about the same indifference the panama papers were given 

Imagine how much better of a place the world would be without these rich criminal assholes we call elites

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, joshuatxuk said:

Worst case, and I'm afraid likely scenario - epstein takes the brunt and gets life (by de facto with max sentencing) and ends up like Bernie Madoff - instead of example made and institutional change initiated we just get justice served upon one individual. The still very, very limited scope of investigations and culpability toward the Catholic Chuch abuse and the possible cover-up of those in power involved in sex rings post-Marc_Dutroux trial also comes to mind. 

Regardless this will be revealing to at least a small degree, and there is potential of something more substantive than Mueller with simultaneous investigations into Trump going on in New York regarding tax returns. One can hope and I say let the hammer fall as it may as it will likely indict corrupt establishment Dems as well.

This Epstein case has a foreign intelligence angle to it, though. Him being taken down will reveal a kind of criminal organization that the public has never seen before. He's not a real billionaire, just sitting on laundered money.

Plus, I think the Public Corruptions Unit handling the case means there's way more to this than sex trafficking. 

Also, New York recently passed a law where even if a federal investigation in SDNY gets pardons, or Bill Barr'd, they can hand them to the NY attorney general for tha whoopass

Edited by Candiru