IGNORED

Com Truise - Fall 2019 Tour

Rubin Farr

We're seeing him @ the HIFI club Oct 11th.

Not our fav artist or anything but we've enjoyed most of his releases and it's always nice to get outta the house. :shrug:

• 1 month later...

lol re-reading that now it seems kind of harsh. I didn't intend it that way. We enjoy his tunes but have heard the live show is kinda only alright, is what I meant, but we don't get many artists playing anywhere close to our city so we wouldn't pass it up.

Does that read better? :catcry:

hahah i just thought it was funny when i read it. i went to his show last time he came through my town and felt the same way. not to slag the guy but it all sounds the same to me but pretty lights and bass so yeah i'll go again.

10 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

When we saw him he was an opening act, and pretty much played in the dark.

I saw him open for Clark when he came to Houston, and his visuals were great (had these panels behind him with visuals), but I thought the music was way too loud (although Clark soon changed my opinion of that) and honestly while I like his music, they literally all sounded the same with me only being able to recognize a few of his tracks during the set.

On 8/23/2019 at 11:03 AM, Rubin Farr said:

Yeah he relied on the same BPM for far too long.

I don't even think it's just that - even some of the instruments/synths/sounds appear to be the same (to my untrained ears)...

• 4 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, very honest said:

caught one of these and the sound was amazing. everything had awesome texture - fuzzy while also detailed, in an awesome way. no idea how he did that. liked the opener i caught, too.

A recent show, or from last year or in the past?

5 minutes ago, very honest said:

recent

Well, good to hear that his live performances are evolving - did it seem like all the tracks sounded the same though? That was my only real nitpick with seeing him live a few years ago...

5 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

Well, good to hear that his live performances are evolving - did it seem like all the tracks sounded the same though? That was my only real nitpick with seeing him live a few years ago...

i got into a non-cerebral mode where i was in the sound and thoroughly enjoying it. didn't notice anything like what you said.

Archived