IGNORED

Aphex collaboration imminent

____-_-____

On 1/24/2020 at 5:22 PM, Joyrex said:

I imagine he kept multiples of some of the smaller things in case he needed parts or one crapped out on him; he never detailed what he was planning on giving away, just that he had a lot to get rid of and thought this would be a fun way to do so.

Honestly the idea of scoring one of Rich's burner 606s is so arousing

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, relaks said:

Its really funny.  I check this site periodically as the trolldacity (trollish audacity?) is kind of sort of fun.  But there is just perpetual imminence.  I get that it makes sense for Joyrex to play into it a bit, keep everyone refreshing their browser.  Its very cool that joyrex admitted he doesn't actually know whats going on with the imminent immenence though.  This site really has changed what imminence means.  

I feel like the imminence peaked during the Syro Era leading up to and during the album's release, and ever since then it's been cookie cutter imminence.

I guess it's like you'll never be able to replicate the feeling you got when you got your first synth or your first car or made your first good track, even if you get a much better and/or more expensive car or synth, or make one of the best tracks ever you'll never quite reach that same level your nostalgia teases you with and reminds you of.

On 1/28/2020 at 12:54 AM, Brisbot said:

I feel like the imminence peaked during the Syro Era leading up to and during the album's release, and ever since then it's been cookie cutter imminence.

I guess it's like you'll never be able to replicate the feeling you got when you got your first synth or your first car or made your first good track, even if you get a much better and/or more expensive car or synth, or make one of the best tracks ever you'll never quite reach that same level your nostalgia teases you with and reminds you of.

rubbish, the analords and Tuss output was a lot later than his early releases and what great output it was, amazing releases, his latest album and indeed eps have been fairly broad/mix up, still strong releases and not easily done, despite the opinions of us keyboard warriors with Ableton saying we could do it ha . If there is one electronic musician who is capable of surpassing his greatest releases, it has to be AFX, he may do so or he may not but certainly capable - 85 - 92 is a beast and a great classic but Analords for me is his pinnacle so far! stay tuned

8 hours ago, Empirix said:

rubbish, the analords and Tuss output was a lot later than his early releases and what great output it was, amazing releases, his latest album and indeed eps have been fairly broad/mix up, still strong releases and not easily done, despite the opinions of us keyboard warriors with Ableton saying we could do it ha . If there is one electronic musician who is capable of surpassing his greatest releases, it has to be AFX, he may do so or he may not but certainly capable - 85 - 92 is a beast and a great classic but Analords for me is his pinnacle so far! stay tuned

I'm talking about imminence. Nothing you said relates to imminence. Nor do my experiences of imminence have to relate to your experiences of imminence. We have two separate imminence levels.

19 hours ago, Empirix said:

I Agree

hmmmmmmmmm:)

:aphexsign::aphexsign::aphexsign:

19 hours ago, Empirix said:

:aphexsign::aphexsign::aphexsign:

22 hours ago, Empirix said:

I totally agree, Analords are the best!

Also speaking of EKT, my record store has the reissue but they want 50 bucks...

3 minutes ago, yekker said:

Also speaking of EKT, my record store has the reissue but they want 50 bucks...

I don't think that's totally unreasonable, because it's a 3LP? It's $39 USD off pmu + 27gbp off the bandcamp. 

3 minutes ago, Brisbot said:

I was 9 or 10 when Analord was released, so the only imminence in my life then was day dreaming at school.

Really?? I had you pegged at about my age man. U young un u

1 minute ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Lol well. Didn't discover Aphex till 2011ish. Was hooked immediately. First discovered Wisp and Kettel before afx (somehow).

So Syro was my first Aphex release basically.

13 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

I was wondering why you thought that. Then I realized - was it the 90s rpg posts about Baldur's Gate/Divinity/etc.

Archived