IGNORED

Syro is all the lushness of analogue + still has digital sparkle

Lane Visitor

Really? I'd love to hear the vinyl, maybe I will have to plan for a purchase of that. How does it sound better in your opinion if you could describe the tone?

So I just recently purchased Adam A7xs monitors, as a long-needed upgrade for my studio setup. I've been testing it out on various favorite albums...

I put on the 24 bit wavs version of Syro and FUCK ME. That is some chunky goodness. I couldn't actually believe just how much mid lows and bass it's filled with. So thick I felt like the elements were hitting me in the chest. If you guys have the chance, listen to the 24 bit wavs through nice speakers that have enough low end. It's a treat!

3 minutes ago, Lane Visitor said:

Really? I'd love to hear the vinyl, maybe I will have to plan for a purchase of that. How does it sound better in your opinion if you could describe the tone?

So I just recently purchased Adam A7xs monitors, as a long-needed upgrade for my studio setup. I've been testing it out on various favorite albums...

I put on the 24 bit wavs version of Syro and FUCK ME. That is some chunky goodness. I couldn't actually believe just how much mid lows and bass it's filled with. So thick I felt like the elements were hitting me in the chest. If you guys have the chance, listen to the 24 bit wavs through nice speakers that have enough low end. It's a treat!

It's been discussed endlessly before but the short version is that they're completely different masters by different engineers, and the vinyl master has noticeably more dynamic range than the digital. 

Archived