IGNORED

WATMM is dying

hello spiral

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, QQQ said:

unban sup, and the post count will jump 1200%

Because of course he/she/it is just waiting paitiently, checking back every week their banned status from watmm

Then again.. now seems like a good time to post that this wordpress "blog" was actively making posts for 4 fucking years after sup was banned.

https://supression.wordpress.com/

2 hours ago, jules said:

I don’t think watmm is dying - it’s just changed quite a bit. It’s much more about music than the humor that used to be the cornerstone of this place. There are still lots of good people around even though we lost a lot of the old guard. I do wish there was still only one place but it is what it is. I even miss the old trolls like sup and those types. But whatever... All good.

I think the generational shift from mostly Gen-X to mostly Millennial users has caused the humorous aspect to wither, as these two generations have a different sense of humor.  Look at the comedians that have had to adapt to a world changing beneath their feet.  Some change with the times, some don't.

16 minutes ago, markedone said:

Because of course he/she/it is just waiting paitiently, checking back every week their banned status from watmm

Then again.. now seems like a good time to post that this wordpress "blog" was actively making posts for 4 fucking years after sup was banned.

https://supression.wordpress.com/

dear [joyrex/admin/mod],

i am very sad on your ban of sup who is a great watmm poster of
many very nice posts and also very cool. he is a true revolution
of ndc music (new digital cool) as Aphex Twin perhaps the best
thing of electonic music since aphex twin invented idm. his
avatar also is cool to capture sups true coolness as evadenced
by how many people copyed sups avatar. sup is also very smart
and once he played a radio show of greatest music like the tuss
and juke nukem. if i had to pick 1 thing i like most about sup
it is his [coolness/posts/ideals of ndc/Aphex Twin music/cool
avatar/taste of music/something else???]

thank you to read my letter

sincerally,
[your name]

7 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

I think the generational shift from mostly Gen-X to mostly Millennial users has caused the humorous aspect to wither, as these two generations have a different sense of humor.  Look at the comedians that have had to adapt to a world changing beneath their feet.  Some change with the times, some don't.

030812_norton_oneal.jpg

VS.

HannahGadsby_06.jpg

20 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

What is the millenial humor like? Memes about self-diagnosed mental illnesses? 

50 minutes ago, markedone said:

that genuinely wouldn't (sup)rise me

Archived